Mom's recipes take the fruit cake
- Ask the experts. Abdallaoui, Fran; Clark, Pamela // Australian Women's Weekly;Dec2015, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p248
The article presents information on miscellaneous topics including an answer is presented to a question related to boiled fruit cake and a recipe for Christmas Eve fruit cake.
- Columnist out of closet, admits to weird appetite. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;1/15/2004, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p4
Presents an article on being addicted to fruitcake. Difficulty in finding the food in stores; Promotion of fruitcake in Claxton; Fruits used in fruitcake preparation.
- Recipes for restricted diets. Hedgethorne, Valerie // Cake Craft & Decoration;Feb2013, p68
Recipes for gluten free Victoria sandwich; date and nut eggless cake; apple and raisin wholemeal muffins; and fatless rich fruit cake are presented.
- A PIECE OF CAKE. // In Britain;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the results of an opinion poll conducted by the National Trust regarding the most preferred cake in Great Britain. According to the poll, chocolate cake is the country's favorite cake. Carrot cake came second and fruit cake third.
- Christmas baking. Gibbs, Suzanne // Australian Table;Dec2005, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p79
The article presents recipes for cakes and pastries including Rich Christmas Cake, Ricciarelli (Sienese Almond Biscuits), Panforte, Fruit Mince Tarts and Rich Christmas Pudding.
- Storing Solutions. Hedgethorne, Valerie // Cake Craft & Decoration;Nov2009, p74
The article offers recommendations in storing food. It mentions baked products which can be kept in an airtight container, such as fruit cakes until its maturity and sponge cakes for at least a week as well as teabreads and ginger breads for the duration of two days. It also notes on foods that...
- Over to you! // Cake Craft & Decoration;Jan2011, p28
The article offers tips and ideas on how to deal cake trials and tribulations as well as special cake made by the readers including how to make the cupcakes look and taste fresh as possible and if it is okay to use buttercream topping for decoration, how to make cakes and lose weight, and if the...
- Celebrate with cake! // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Sep2013, Vol. 244 Issue 9, p78
The article focuses on personalizing homemade fruit cake, with information on raspberry white chocolate cake and white chocolate cream cheese frosting recipes.
- Christmas cakes. GODSMARK, LORRAINE // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Dec2015, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p56
A recipe for Christmas fruitcake is presented.