- Heat Drink Man Woman. Reichl, Ruth // Gourmet;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p16
Introduces a series of articles about grilling in the United States. Readers' interest in grills; Grilling of fish and meat; Recipe for grilled beef; Outdoor drinking.
- SCORE WITH A TAILGATE PICNIC. // Ebony;Oct1973, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p158
Two recipes are presented, Texas chili and barbecued beef strips.
- SERIOUS PIG. // Gourmet;Jun2008, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p90
The article focuses on barbecue cookery in North Carolina. According to the author, the state's pulled-pork barbecue is not really about smoke, but about succulence and the outside meat. Meat dishes in North Carolina, the author reveals, are cooked salty, crunchy, dark brown and flavored with...
- smoke dreams. Steingarten, Jeffrey // Vogue;Aug2007, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p240
The article discusses the author's goal to cook real barbecue in his own backyard in Manhattan, New York. He believes that real Southern barbecue is the most original and delectable American cooking technique. He describes real barbecue as a meat that has been cooked low and slow near smoky,...
- How to Grill a Steak. Cummings, Parke // Saturday Evening Post;9/9/1944, Vol. 217 Issue 11, p30
Presents tips and ideas on grilling a steak. Advantages of the outdoor grille; Types of outdoor grilles; Methods for cooking a steak outdoors.
- A Ba Primer: The Great American Steak-Out. Garvey, Hugh // Bon Appetit;Jul2011, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p66
The article discusses the principles of a great steak. It describes the best beef cuts which includes bone-in rib eye, skirt steak, tri-tip and kalbi. It also provides suggestions for grilling steak. Recipes for Salt-and-Pepper Rib Eye, Skirt Steak With Chimichurri Sauce, and Tri-Tip With...
- ONE GREAT MARINADE. // Southern Living;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p194
The article presents recipes for marinated foods including Orange-Soy-Ginger Marinade, which uses grated orange rind, olive oil, fresh orange juice and minced fresh ginger, and Marinated Flank Steak, which uses the orange-soy-ginger marinade, coated with cold cooking grate and grilled over...
- Center cut baseball top sirloin. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pF6
The author offers tips for selecting and preparing the boneless, center-cut sirloin. He suggests to look for a clean, tight seal on the bag with no evidence of blood purge. He reminds that a cut steak should have clean, closely trimmed white fat on the outside muscle and marbling should be...
- Nino's Italian barbecue. Zoccali, Nino // BBC Australian Good Food;May2009, p120
Several recipes for barbecue cooking including Linguine with pork, tomato and thyme, Barbecued Florentine Steak and Tuscan farro and cannellini bean salad, are presented.