- McCORMICK FLAVOR BY DESIGN PROGRAM. // Restaurant Business;5/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p80
McCormich's menu-building program includes items like recipe booklets such as Designer Sides and One-Dish Designs and an interactive CD that allows for recipe customization. The program is designed to highlight spice and seasoning potential.
- Time to get real over Indian fare. Manocha, Munish // Food Manufacture;Sep2004, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p70
The article focuses on the perception of Indian food around the world. People are now trying Indian dishes made true to-the-recipe and enjoying them much more than the tikka masalas and the lamb baltis. There's a handful of retail multiples that have gone down the authentic route and achieved...
- MOSTLY MEXICAN MORSELS. Robertiello, Jack // Cheers;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Reports on an increase in the number of Mexican-themed recipes in the U.S. Factors that led to the resurgence of the recipes; Quality and range of dishes in Mexican restaurants; Information on the key ingredient in the Mexican themed dishes.
- Extreme Food Vacation. Forman, Janet // Restaurant Business;May2006, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on the eateries in Southeast Asia and the wide range of food items served by them. For those with a passion for food, a visit to almost anyplace on the Asian continent can be life changing. Yet, few experiences can rival a journey through Southeast Asia, where eateries from...
- FRESH CALIFORNIA ASPARAGUS. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p70
The article highlights the recipe of asparagus. Once cooked, asparagus can be stored for about three days. The secret to enjoyment lies in not overcooking them, and cooking time varies depending upon thickness. Asparagus is put into a large skillet of salted, boiling water.
- The Perilous Seed. Sokolov, Raymond // Natural History;May85, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p90
No abstract available.
- Simplot launches brand for China. Sudhaman, Arun // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/14/2005, p11
The article reports that TBWA has created an integrated communications campaign to accompany the launch of a new national brand by leading international frozen vegetable producer, Simplot, which is entering China's retail market for the first time. The new brand--Xin ZhuZhang--translates to "New...
- The new tastes of Spain. Largeman, Frances A. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p170
This article focuses on the increasing popularity of Spanish cookery in the U.S. market as of November 2005. A number of books on Spanish cooking were released in the U.S. Chef JosÃ© AndrÃ©s, famous for his restaurants in Washington, D.C., comes out with his first book this month. Tapas: A...
- Creating Home. Beyers, Leen // Food, Culture & Society;Mar2008, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
Surveys concerning Italian labor migration to Belgium since 1946 have concluded that Italians cooked as they had done at home.This so-called cooking as at home is unraveled here ethnographically and historically. Actually, many of the immigrants' traditions were not transferred to, but invented...