'How to' tricks to make those treats
- GET SPOOKY FOR UNDER $50. // Dolly;Nov2014, Issue 526, p118
Several recipes for a Halloween party are presented, including Apocalypse Punch, Zombie Fingers and Broken Glass Cupcakes.
- sweet treats. WASHINGTON, KATE // Yoga Journal;Dec2009, Issue 225, p26
The article offers information on how to decorate a gingerbread cookies with festive natural ingredients. It suggests that in order to minimize the use of additives and artificial colorings, one may use organic powdered sugar, dried currants and dried blueberries. Dawn Van Hee, founder of...
- Artificial Food Colors. Stevens, Laura J. // Pediatrics for Parents;May/Jun2015, Vol. 30 Issue 5/6, p23
The article discusses the removal of artificial food colors and flavors from the products of several food companies including General Mills, Nestle, and Panera. Topics discussed include the use of annatto in the inside of Butterfinger from Nestle instead of dyed orange that uses artificial...
- Changing the face of colour. // Food Manufacture;Dec95, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p23
Reports that EC Directive `Colours for Use in Foodstuffs' has goes into effect January 1, 1996. Restriction of colours; Example of colour used.
- Seven Things Even YOU Didn't Know About Chile. // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Sep2012, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p44
The article discusses seven things people did not know about chile, including that New Mexico is the biggest chile processing state in the U.S., chile is used to make natural food coloring, and green chile has twice the vitamin C as citrus fruits do.
- A colorful history. J.H. // FDA Consumer;Dec93, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p19
Discusses the use of color additives throughout history. Ancient Egyptian writings which tell of drug colorants; Use of some poisonous materials in the late 1800s; The Pure Food and Drugs Act; Listing of color `lakes'; More.
- Bug Dye Reveal Ordered. // Environmental Nutrition;Mar2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p7
The article provides an answer to a question on using insects as a food dye.
- The kids need our attention. Soref, Anna // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Jul2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the artificial and natural food colorings as well as the multivitamins for children.
- US food colorants market grows. // Colourage;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p54
Reports on the article about the growth of the United States food colorants market.