- Between the Bun. Tristano, Darren // Prepared Foods;Oct2015, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p37
The article discusses the increasing trend for a healthier and more affordable versions of the staple burger in the American diet. Topics covered include the emergence of vegetarian, poultry, beef blend options, the demand for low sodium and low cholesterol alternatives and the demand from...
- No-Cow Chow. Goins, Liesa // Men's Health;Sep2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p58
Lists several nonbeef burgers available in the U.S. Information on Buffalo Burger from Broadleaf; Nutrition content of chicken burger from Casual Gourmet; Description of turkey burger from Applegate Farms.
- THE WORLD'S FIRST HAMBURGER. Cartwright, Gary // Texas Monthly;Aug2009, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p98
The article offers a look at the story behind the claim that the world's first hamburger was served in Athens, Texas. The city in the Texas county of Henderson has been boasting for more than a quarter of a century that the world's first hamburgers were created in the late 1880's at a small cafe...
- RECIPES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p40
Recipes for the Mississippi Mud Burger, Moroccan Rub Sliders and Goat Cheese Bacon Burger are presented.
- TWO-BITE BURGERS. Swearinger, Richard // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2008, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p166
The article features miniature hamburgers, also called sliders, in the United States. According to the author, these hamburgers are appearing on restaurant menus but they are easy to make at home. A pound of ground beef can be shaped into eight patties, broiled, grilled or fried, and served in...
- AMERICA'S BEST BURGER JOINTS. Flynn, Kimberly // Men's Fitness;Aug2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p94
The article presents a guide to the best hamburgers in the U.S. The Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien in New York City is the place to get an old-school burger without the quirky toppings. The In-n-Out Burger in Los Angeles, California, serves burgers animal style. Jack's Grill in Seattle,...
- Food fight! // Scholastic Choices;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on foods that are low in fat and make good lunches. Details on lunch of tuna sandwich, yogurt-covered raisins, all-natural cheese covered popcorn; Lunch of roast beef, whole-wheat bagel, Tomato, onion rings and mustard, Pretzels, peppers and humus dip healthier.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise. // Prepared Foods;Jun2007, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p30
The article reports on the results of a survey conducted by Johnny Rockets restaurants on the hamburger preferences and habits of consumers. According to the National Hamburger Month Consumer Survey, about 70 percent of respondents prefer cheeseburgers over hamburgers. About 63 percent of...
- JACK IN THE BOX SPEAKS ITALIAN. // Restaurant Business;7/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p57
This article reports that quickservice hamburger chain in San Diego, California Jack in the Box has created two unique burgers. The Original Ciabatta Burger features a hamburger patty on a lightly toasted ciabatta roll, with lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion rings, and pickles, covered with a...