Low fat--Still a Factor?
- FOOD FACT. Crain, Esther // Cosmopolitan;Dec2005, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p224
The article presents information on reducing the fat content in food. A "Reduced fat" means that there is at least 25% less fat than the original version.
- mad about OLIVES! Keens, Leta // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Sep2005, p128
Recommends the use of olive oil in reducing diets. Types of olive; Tips on choosing olive oil; Health benefits of olive oil.
- Take the mystery out of cooking with less fat. // Restaurant Business;Jul2007, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p59
The article focuses on cooking with less fat. It is noted that some fats are more desirable than others when developing nutrient-conscious menus. Fat contributes to the flavor and texture of foods, and also performs various culinary functions. In creating low-fat recipes or reducing fat in...
- Effect of vegetable oil oxidation on the hydrogenation reaction process. Kalantari, Faranak; Bahmaei, Manochehr; Ameri, Majid; Shoaei, Ehsan // Grasas y Aceites;2015, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p361
Hydrogenation has been carried out in a batch reactor with three different oxidized bleached oils in order to discover the effect of oxidation on the hydrogenation reaction process. Specifications of hydrogenated oils such as melting point, Iodine value, solid fat content and fatty acid...
- So what the heck are you supposed to eat now? Hudepohl, Dana // Redbook;May2005, Vol. 204 Issue 5, p143
Focuses on the selection of carbohydrates and fats without going hungry. Order of small food portions; Information on several kinds of edible fats; Importance of eating fruits and vegetables.
- FAKING FATS WITH SAVORY SUBSTITUTES. // Running & FitNews;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1
The article offers information on culinary ideas for preparing fat-free flavor foods. It presents data from the National Nutrient Database of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) such as the calorie content of three ounces of roasted white-meat chicken and the calorie content of baled...
- Does eating fat make you fat? Woodard, Stephanie // Prevention;May2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p19
An answer to a question on whether eating fat makes a person fat is presented.
- Q&A. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Summer2015, p30
The article provides an answer to a question the minimum amount of fat that an individual should eat daily.
- Fats and fat replacers: Myths and facts. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Aug99, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p7
Presents myths and facts about how dietary fat and lower-fat foods affect one's daily diet. Reduction of calories from fat in diets; Importance of reading nutrition labels; Staying active as the most effective way to lose weight rather than intake of fat-free and lower-fat foods; Occurrence of...