- Where There's Smoke, There's Flavor! Jasko, Robyn // Women's Health;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p103
The article provides tips on food smoking techniques. It describes the flavor infused by different types of wood used for smoking including hickory, alder and mesquite. The article also presents several smoked recipes including Smoky Nutella S'mores, Smoked Tomato Bloody Mary and Pear Salad with...
- Mesquite: From pest tree to valuable domestic. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Sep95, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p60
Provides information about the mesquite tree. Use of mesquite as furniture wood; Mesquite as pest wood to farmers; Growth of mesquites; Difficulty in cutting; Efforts of David Perino to change the image of mesquite from pest wood to a valuable source of wood furniture; Features of the tree;...
- Mayday! Mayday! Mesquite on the tower! // American Nurseryman;11/01/96, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the ritual of putting a 10-foot tall mesquite on top of a $9 million control tower at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Austin, Texas. Purpose of the ritual; How did the ritual originate; Why did developers traditionally installed trees on top of buildings.
- Lack of nitrogen cycling in the Atacama Desert. Ehleringer, James R.; Mooney, Harold A. // Nature;9/24/1992, Vol. 359 Issue 6393, p316
Focuses on mesquite trees growing in the rainless region of the Atacama Desert. Production of leaves that abscise and accumulate on a concrete-like carbonate surface; Impact of the virtual lack of surface moisture on leaf decomposition; More.
- Mesquite Spraying Postponed for 2007. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);7/26/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p3
The article presents information on a mesquite spraying program in Stonewall County, Texas.
- You get what you pay for in controlling invasive mesquite. Newport, Alan // Farmer-Stockman;Aug2012, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p27
The article offers information on the long-term impact of mesquite treatment on the environment in Texas. INSET: Key Points.
- SIMPLE SWEET-POTATO SIDES. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep2010, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p7
The article presents several recipes for sweet potatoes including Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Orange & Ginger, Spice-Crusted Sweet Potato Oven Fries, and Baked Sweet Potatoes with Apple Cider and Pecan Topping.
- Vegan in a Mexican Household. Lizaola, Veronica // Vegetarian Journal;2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p18
Several vegan recipes are presented including pico de gallo, chilaquiles, and calabasitas con sopa de arroz.
- One Pot Vegetable Beef Chili. // Environmental Nutrition;Dec2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p4
A recipe for Vegetable Beef Chili is presented.