- Dining In The Parks: Roasted Acorn Squash With Scallops In Olympic National Park. // National Parks Traveler;5/27/2012, p1
A recipe to roasted acorn squash with scallops is presented.
- 'Why do you ear acorns?' Pursuing traditions in the modern world. Nyerges, Christopher // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p44
Presents several acorn recipes.
- Julia F. Parker's New Way Acorn. // It Will Live Forever: Traditional Yosemite Acorn Preparation;1991, p147
A recipe for Julia F. Parker's New Way Acorn is presented.
- Five Weekday Dinners Ready in 15 minutes. // Essence (Time Inc.);Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p178
The article presents several dinner recipes including Festive Seafood Stew, Acorn Squash With Mushroom Pilaf, and Stir-Fry Orange Beef.
- Side Show. Powell, Lori // Prevention;Nov2011, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p125
Several superfood recipes are presented including Sweet Potato Gratin with Pecan-Crumb Topping, Roasted Acorn Squash Salad with Maple-Pomegranate Seed Vinaigrette, and Wild Rice Casserole with Cranberries & Goat Cheese.
- Acorns. // Mother Earth News;Sep/Oct84, Issue 91, p80
Acorns: the grain that grows on trees. Before white settlers ventured into this continent, acorns were one of the staple foods of many of its indigenous peoples. The nuts were also boiled or crushed to produce an oil, which was prized for cooking and as a salve for burns and wounds. Article...
- Don't let those acorns go to waste! // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p64
Presents the recipe for Acorn Cheesecake.
- Stalking the wild acorn. Burke, Marie // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p61
Provides information on oak trees. Uses of oak trees; Traditions of Wintu Indians with regards to acorns; Leaching of acorn's meat; Health benefits of acorn.
- FIND YOUR PERFECT DIET! // Women's Fitness;Sep2015, Issue 144, p113
Several healthy recipes are presented including the Gazpacho with Heirloom Tomatoes, the Roasted Acorn and Delicata Squash Salad with Wheatberries and Bitter Greens, and the Plum Millet Muffins.