- Anyone for Haycorns? McCall, Jane // Living Woods;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 19, p26
In this article, the author discusses her experience of making acorn coffee and joining a fungal foray organized by Ann Yarrow at Wilderness Woods in England. She states that 2011 was a mast year as numerous trees produced bountiful crops including acorns which cannot be eaten right away as it...
- Acorns do have feed value... // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on the feed value of acorns. Starch and protein content; Storage and preservation techniques; Danger to livestock.
- Early Descriptions Of Yosemite Acorn Making. Ortiz, Bev // It Will Live Forever: Traditional Yosemite Acorn Preparation;1991, p129
The early descriptions of Yosemite acorn making are presented.
- Notes. // It Will Live Forever: Traditional Yosemite Acorn Preparation;1991, p143
A list of articles related to Yosemite Indian acorn preparation is presented including "Legends of the Yosemite Miwok," by Frank La Pena and Craig D. Bates, "Tribes of California," by Stephen Powers, and "Bedrock Mortars: A Functional Model from the Western Mono Style Cuisinart Plus a Basic...
- Mailbox. Slade, Giles // Orion Magazine;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Acorn Beard," by Joni Tevis in the September 2009 issue.
- ON THE ONE HAND... // Sierra;May/Jun2013, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on the disappearance of acorns from the California's Native American's food and states that it would make a comeback and it is popular food for bears and squirrels.
- SIMPLE SWEET-POTATO SIDES. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep2010, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p7
The article presents several recipes for sweet potatoes including Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Orange & Ginger, Spice-Crusted Sweet Potato Oven Fries, and Baked Sweet Potatoes with Apple Cider and Pecan Topping.
- Vegan in a Mexican Household. Lizaola, Veronica // Vegetarian Journal;2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p18
Several vegan recipes are presented including pico de gallo, chilaquiles, and calabasitas con sopa de arroz.
- One Pot Vegetable Beef Chili. // Environmental Nutrition;Dec2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p4
A recipe for Vegetable Beef Chili is presented.