- Real Life Cooking. Fentress, Debbie // Diabetes Forecast;Jun2003, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p67
Presents cookery that are easily made and nutritious. Provision of tips for healthful feeding of oneself and family; Method of cooking with low-calorie sweeteners; Advise of nutrition educator Robyn Webb on nutritious food available at the grocery store.
- SUSHI GOES LOW CARB--WITH CAULIFLOWER! Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia; Limpert, Ann // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p132
Presents information on the low carbohydrate sushi and rice meal alternative being introduced by Kaz Okochi, owner of Kaz Sushi Bistro. Source of Okochi's idea; Varieties of the sushi.
- Dieter's Dilemma -- Solved. Cassetty, Samantha B. // Good Housekeeping;May2010, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p50
The author reports that dieters can find appetizing family recipes that are easy to prepare in the "South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook."
- luscious low-carb desserts. Pelzel, Raquel // Prevention;Dec2004, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p156
Presents a list of several low-carbohydrate desserts which can be substituted for foods with higher calories. Consideration of desserts such as tiramisu, New York cheesecake, and cranberry spice tea cookies; Recipes for low-carb desserts.
- It's 6 p.m. Do you know where your kitchen is? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on a number of recipes and products which can be prepared in a limited amount of time. Details on sodium phosphate; Identification of time-saving products; Information on packaged foods; Ingredients for the recipes; Preparational information for the recipes; Nutritional...
- Wonderslim launch set. // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p42
Reports that a small California start-up company plans to introduce Wonderslim, a product it calls `a revolutionary fat substitute for baking.' Made from dried plums and vegetable extracts; Will be marketed by Natural Food Technologies; Company founder Charles Stad; Retained Brigham Scully...
- 10 minutes to a healthy breakfast // Body Bulletin;Feb1993, p2
Offers five quick and healthy ways to get the food you need for a balanced breakfast. Feel your oats; Keep your sunny side up; Take a spud to breakfast; Wake up and smell the compote; Say ole to a new day; Includes tips and recipes; Details.
- Simple soups & stews. // Body Bulletin;Jan1994, p3
Gives several soup and stew recipes that are low in calories and easy to prepare. Hearty vegetable-beef soup; Sausage-apple & sweet potato stew; Turkey stew Italiano; Companions for one-pot meals; More.
- American classics revisited. // Body Bulletin;Feb1994, p2
Lists several recipes for the month of February. Easy microwave lasagne; Skinny mac & cheese; New age green bean bake; Easy chicken pot pie; Ingredients; Calories and fat per serving; More.
- Great balls of fire! Bank, Joseph // Bicycling;Mar1993, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p82
Presents a recipe for a homemade version of commercial energy bars. A fig-based energy food; A healthful mix of carbohydrate, protein and fat; Includes nutrients like potassium, thiamin, niacin and riboflavin; More.