A cross-cultural approach
- With tapas, tour the Mediterranean from your table. Norton, James // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 14, p15
Focuses on tapas, appetizer-size portions of food from the Mediterranean, and provides a recipe for vegetable dolmas.
- Try Greek for a Change. Zacharia, Joy; Kennedy, Caroline // Southern Living;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p194
Presents Mediterranean recipes. Ingredients for Mediterranean Swordfish; Procedures in preparing Lemon Couscous; Serving suggestions for Fresh Beet Salad.
- Go Greek. Alexander, Devin // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug2004, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p138
Presents several Mediterranean-style recipes, including Baked Fish Olympia.
- Mediterranean South. King, Paul // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p32
The article highlights the contribution of North African cuisine to the Mediterranean diet. Moroccan foods, and North African recipes in general, make use of a wide variety of spices and an interesting array of cooking techniques. As Mediterranean cuisine becomes more mainstream, the foods of...
- Culinary workshops: on offer for cookery lovers. // Hospitality (11724285);Jan2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that the culinary programme from the Alain Ducasse Training Center will be hosted by the New Zealand School of Food and Wine in France. The practical workshops will enable the participants to cook a series of dishes that capture the philosophy of the highly rated chef. It...
- Full-Court Panini Press. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
The article examines the diversity and popularity of paninis as a food service offering. Originally from Italy, the panini is a sandwich grilled on a panini press, cut horizontally and filled with a variety of ingredients found traditionally in the Mediterranean region. Several institutions...
- Big Flavors from Small Spaces. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the renovation of the Waterside Foodcourt at John P. McGovern Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. The medical center decided to renovate its foodcourt dining facilities to appeal to doctors, interns and staff. Moreover, the foodcourt features ethnic eateries including...
- Lace into Lobster. Tickle, Nancy // WE Magazine;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p50
Presents information on a recipe for a Lobster dinner for 6 persons. List of ingredients needed; Methodology used in the recipe.
- Good-for-You Cooking, A Healthy Eating Guide. Robinson, Paul // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Dec93, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p246
No abstract available.