A WELCOME ADDITION TO RECIPES: SEASONINGS' GREETINGS
- Turkey Truths. Butzin, Charlotte; Singh, Reena // Bon Appetit;Dec99, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p34
Dispels some myths about turkey cookery. What basting does to a turkey; Benefits of cooking the stuffing separately; Comparison between fresh and frozen turkey.
- Coq au Vin. // Real Simple;Apr2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p74
This article offers recipe to prepare "Coq au Vin." Coq au vin derives its hearty taste from a luxurious saut&eactue; and simmer time. The recipe presented here provides an instant flavor infusion â€” eliminating all cleaning and chopping â€” by using frozen onions and concentrated...
- Stop! Don't stuff that holiday bird. Kopenkoskey, Paul R. // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p14
Two recipes are presented including one for preparing turkey bird during holiday season and another for the stuffing on the side of the bird.
- Roast goose. Raffael, Michael // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4300, p22
Provides information on how chef Anton Edelmann and his team prepared a goose recipe called Allium's Roast Goose Ballotine. Step-by-step guide to deboning of the goose's carcass; Instructions on how to make the stuffing; Objective in forming the ballotine.
- Building up Meat and Poultry. Davis, Didi // Prepared Foods;May2013, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p29
The article focuses on the creative uses of rubs, spices, sauces and condiments by research chefs in order to enhance the flavors of meat and poultry meals. The advantage to a dry rub and one of the biggest challenges with rubs are mentioned. It discusses the process of preparing rubs and spice...
- CHICKEN & GREEN CHILI WONTONS. MW // Louisville Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p38
When this Frankfort Avenue establishment first opened, it was called the Salsa Grill as of February 2004. But last summer, to assert its allegiance to the hip Miami district, not the chip-dipping sauce, it changed its name to Salsa South Beach. And its menu changed, too for the better. To wit,...
- WHAT ARE 10 KEY INGREDIENTS TO ALWAYS HAVE? // Men's Fitness;Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p67
The article offers information on the key ingredients of a Sriracha sauce dressing including extra virgin olive oil, garlic and black pepper.
- PRODUCT PREVIEW. // Gourmet Retailer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p121
Features several products in the food industry in the United States. Includes introduction of the Miso Dressing of Cafe Galeos; Expansion in the Peugeot pepper mills line of Swissmar; Ingredients of Umanoff & Parsons' spice cake.
- Rockin' Rolls. // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p312
One judges a Chinese restaurant by its egg rolls (or spring rolls, as the case may be): If they're crisp and tightly assembled with fresh-tasting stuffing, there's a good chance one will be happy with the whole menu. The article discusses about the wonton-wrapped packages sampled around the...