- Why you shouldn't treat all employees the same. Stuller, Terry // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, pC9
Discusses the importance of treating employees differently in a non-discriminative manner, as part of a company's personnel management strategy. Need to concentrate mentoring efforts to new hirees; Factors needed to be considered when developing an appropriate personnel management strategy.
- The relationship between organizational climate and employee perceptions of personnel management... Toulson, Paul; Smith, Mike // Public Personnel Management;Fall94, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p453
Examines the relationship between measures on three personnel management practices (as independent variables) and a measure of organizational climate (as the dependent variable). Structured interviews with senior personnel managers; Implications for industrial and organizational psychology.
- cosmo careers. Dutton, Judy // Cosmopolitan;Aug2000, Vol. 229 Issue 2, p120
Provides tips on how to handle a jealous co-worker and on how to act and manage rumors in the office.
- Interpersonal dynamics turn `group' into `team'. Hart, Sheila Adams // Electronic News;07/28/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2178, p48
Gives a number team-building tips for chief executive officers. Encouraging team members of respect one another; Dealing with interpersonal conflict; Employee motivation.
- Why your firm needs emotional intelligence. Harrison, Roy // People Management;1/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p41
Examines the role of personnel management in the achievement of emotionally intelligent business organizations. Individual and organizational prerequisites for sustaining competitive advantage of organizations; Opportunities for training and development; Value of emotional intelligence.
- The Psychology of Performance Management. Hultman, Kenneth E. // Training & Development Journal;Jul88, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p34
Presents a case study that illustrates the importance of being aware of performance psychology. Inputs and outputs of performance; Fostering performance improvement.
- Challenges and Trends in HR/IR Programs: Bridging the Gap for Global Competitiveness. Benham, Philip // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the implications of global competitiveness for graduate programs in human resource (HR) management and industrial relations (IR). HR trends related to the global competitive posture of organizations; HR as strategic partner; Consequences for HR/IR programs; Challenges to the programs.
- Potential Roles of the Human Resource Management Professional in the Strategic Planning... Rowden, Robert W. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the role of human resource (HR) function in corporate strategic business planning. Key factor in the process of integrating strategic planning with HR; Strategic skills needed for HR professionals.
- Quote of the week. // San Diego Business Journal;9/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p42
Quotes Robert Heller on good employee management.