- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p97
The article offers step-by-step instructions for carrying out different crochet stitches, such as single crochet, reverse single crochet, and slip stitch.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Autumn2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p96
The article presents illustrated guides for various crocheting techniques, including reverse single crochet slip stitch and front and back loops.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p75
The article presents a guide to performing different stitches. They include chain, front post stitch and treble crochet and offers a list of abbreviations used in crochet.
- Cast On Options--Knitted-On and Picots. Whiteside, Beth // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The article explores cast on options for knitting. The knitted-on cast on is worked with two needles and is almost the same as knitting. It allows knitters to easily add stitches onto a row of existing stitches. Casting on extra stitches, then immediately binding them off is one way to add a...
- KNITTING CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p68
The article discusses knitting basics. It provides step-by-step instructions for cast on, cable cast on, knit, purl, bind-off, increase, invisible increase, decrease, slip, slip, knit, and slip, slip, purl. The basic stitches are garter stitch and stockinette stitch, among others. It presents...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p72
The article presents the crochet stitches used for the projects in the July 2008 issue of "Creative Knitting" magazine. It provides step-by-step instructions for making a single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, reverse single crochet, and slip stitch.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p46
The article offers crocheting and stitching guides.
- Basics. // Bead&Button;Dec2005, Issue 70, p148
Provides information on several types of sewing techniques. Chain stitch; Half-hitch knot; Surgeon's knot.
- In Search of Easy & Different Crochet Edgings. Johnson, Kathleen Power // Creative Knitting;Mar2006, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p32
The article offers tips on crochet edgings. A single crochet row provides both a smooth transition from knit stitches to crochet and a sturdy foundation for edging. The lavender edging expands a simple idea to a deeper trim by adding successive rows of chain loops. The dimensional effect of...