Making Fabric Memories
- Top 10 x 2. Hatch, Sandra L.; Harvey, Sue // Quilter's World;Oct2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p98
This section offers tips on managing quilt photographs. They include labeling quilt photographs by the date and show, converting quilt photographs in digital format, taking photographs of quilts in different stages, using a scrapbook to document quilts and a new dimension added by technology to...
- photo finish: Improve your quilt photography with a few easy steps. Elkins, Maria // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2012, Issue 59, p48
The article suggests steps to take quality photographs for documenting quilts. Using a design wall from a piece of thick foam insulation board with black and white fabric pinned to its sides is offered as a backdrop. Placing pins with very small heads along seams is revealed to hide them. A...
- EXPOSURE. // Surface Design Journal;Spring96, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p24
Several images of art quilts are presented.
- Confetti. // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Feb/Mar2013, Issue 432, p68
The article offers step-by-step instructions for designing and making the one-block quilt, Confetti, which is achieved by rotating the block and used a fabric from the Quilter's Candy Basics collection from Connecting Threads.
- Good Day Sunshine. Hill, Lacey J.; Freed, Lorraine // Easy Quilts;Fall2012, p66
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a quilt with harmonious arrangement of gray and gold prints of quick-to-piece squares and half-square triangles.
- World Traveler. Mednick, Janet // Easy Quilts;Fall2012, p72
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a quilt with printed fabrics of renderings of world cities.
- Burlap & Barnyard. Hayes, Tiffany // Easy Quilts;Fall2012, p84
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a quilt with printed fabrics of barnyard animals and feed sack labels.
- What's Your Favorite Color? Hayes, Beth // McCall's Quilting;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the means to manage color intensity when selecting fabric combinations, cheerful quilt patterns with rainbow colors, and quilts with subtle color schemes.
- Baskets of Fun. // Quilter's World;Summer2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p120
The article offers step-by-step instruction for making basket quilts using assorted scraps of fabrics.