Fun With Fabric Inks
- beth carney. DeNegre, Vivika Hansen // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2013, Issue 65, p58
The article presents a profile of artist Beth Carney from Yonkers, New York whose quilts are considered intense and dramatic mainly due to its bold colors, mingling textures, and a sense of rhythm and tempo. It mentions that the sense of movement in her works are due to her background as teacher...
- using tsukineko inks WITH COLORED NEWSPAPER TRANSFER. Moore, Jeannie Palmer // Quilting Arts Magazine;Apr/May2013, Issue 62, p10
The article offers step-by-step instructions for using Tsukineko inks with colored newspaper transfer to quilts.
- Amy Orr: Exploring Excess. Rice, Robin // Surface Design Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p30
Describes the quilt art and contemporary art works by Amy Orr. Focus of Orr's quilts on fabrics using abundant colors, textures and patterns; Integration of language, humor and provocative designs into the works; Expression of themes of surfeit and waste through the incorporation of the...
- JOAN STUBBINS. // Fiberarts;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p25
The article offers information about the author's artwork, called the Dawn Series: Let There Be Peace, which is created with ikat warp, double weave pick-up and quilting. She notes that she tried to show the uniqueness of fiber, which covers the textures, color interactions of individual...
- Incorporating Texture. Winters, Laurel // Arts & Activities;Dec2009, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p50
The article provides tips for art teachers on how to incorporate textures using fabrics or fibers as students' artworks. It suggests using quilts as subjects which the students can use to draw pictures that relate to a story. Another tip is to make it bold by painting bold geometric designs with...
- Display quilts with care. // Country Living;Jul85, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p73
Their bold patterns and lively colors make antique bedcovers a decorator's dream, but these fragile textiles need special handling to ensure their longevity.
- Various quilt styles. // Country Living;Aug86, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p78
Various quilt styles that can be stitched to fit the house are shown and suggestions for your home are presented to enable you to adorn almost any home beautifully.
- Country in the city. // Country Living;Oct87, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p104
Looks at the use of quilts to give a country look to a Manhattan apartment. Quilts as wall hangings; Period textiles; Embroidered linens.
- Quilter's notebook. // Country Living;Mar1989, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
Describes an appliqued quilt, a book on Victorian symbols, handmade magnets and pretty prints. INSET: For effortless cutting..