- When does an obsession become therapy? // QUILTsocial;Fall2014, Issue 1, p3
The article offers the author's insights about quilting as a therapy instead of an obsession. The author cites that quilting should be called therapy instead of obsession to those who quilt with every thread of their being. She also suggests the QUILTsocial eZine as a book of projects that...
- Putting it All Together. Bonner, Natalia // Quiltmaker;Nov/Dec2014, p50
The article provides the author's perspective in relation to machine quilting. She discusses designing or making traditional and modern quilts as well as several types of machine quilting patterns from the book "Modern One-Block Quilts." She also discusses techniques in quilting feathers in a...
- Letters. N., Ann; M., Ella; V., Susan; C., Audrey; Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles which appeared in previous issues of "Quilter's World," including a letter from a reader inspired to make a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, the quilt pattern called Liz's Gift and the completion of the Stars & Stripes quilt.
- quilting WITH mom and me. Morlock, Jennifer L. // Cloth Paper Scissors;Jun2011, Issue 36, p9
The article relates the experience of artist Mary Cassatt on quilting with her mother. She and her mother travel to towns in Ohio to present the program Quilting With Mom and Me and show quilts. She adds that her mother has been supportive to her and her siblings in their creative activities...
- Pine Tree. // Quilter's World;Oct2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
Presents steps in making the Pine Tree quilt. Materials needed; Instructions in Antique quilt; Information on how to make the topper.
- Patriots' Hearts. Crawford, Michele // Clotilde's Sewing Savvy;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p81
The article offers step-by-step instructions on sewing a lap quilt. It outlines materials and products that are needed.
- SEW MANY tips. Alexander, Dottie; Thompson, Lin; Mars, Chris; Beebe, Eleanor; Gregory, Judy; Wentling, Diantha; White, Anna // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p8
The article offers tips from readers about sewing and quilting. One reader mentions that she uses a garden kneeling pad when arranging blocks or layering backing, batting, and quilt top on a floor. Another one shares that she transfers the cutting instructions to a dry erase board before...
- A Perfect Fit. Harris, Diane // Quiltmaker;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 144, p16
The article discusses techniques for making perfect pieced borders for quilt. It notes the importance of being accurate in the entire process of pressing and cutting the fabrics for the correct size. It cites that cutting plain borders on the lengthwise grain will result in less stretch for the...
- Top 10x2. // Quilter's World;Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p98
The article presents the quirky sewing habits of quiltmakers, Sandra L. Hatch, editor and Sue Harvey, senior editor of Quilter's World. Hatch has a habit of reverse-stitching at the beginning and end of every seam to secure threads. She also has a tendency to press open the seams when joining...