Cutting loan delinquency rates
Tags: COMPUTER systems
- Civil War computer program tested at national parks. // American History;May/Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the development of the interactive multimedia computer software called Civil War Discovery System (CWDS) by the Civil War Trust, in cooperation with the National Park Service. Assistance from The History Channel; Installation of the CWDS in Civil War-related national and state park...
- Big brother's watching, and helping drivers. E.C.E. // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/97, Vol. 89 Issue 120, p8
Presents information on General Motor's OnStar computer system know as Big Brother, which is available in 1997 Cadillacs. What the system does; Cost of the system.
- Alliance promotes PXI for measurement and automation. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;10/01/98, Vol. 46 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the establishment of the PXI Systems Alliance aimed at promoting the PXI (PCI eXtensions for Instruments) specification. Companies belonging to the alliance; Web site for membership information.
- Hospital suppliers getting ready to plug in new ordering system. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;4/18/94, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p17
Introduces the standardized electronic ordering system OnCall EDI for hospital suppliers. Cut in healthcare costs and paperwork; Opinion of analysts; Estimated savings.
- CTI converges on a single TDM bus. Kempainen, Stephen // EDN;11/20/97, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p55
Presents information on computer-telephony integration (CTI) resource boards use of the CT Bus, a specified time-division-multiplex bus for increasing the capacity of computer-telephony systems. Description of the CT Bus; What are the specifications of the CT Bus. INSETS: An end to the Bus...
- Space age link up. Robinson, R. // Odyssey;Jul90, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Describes Spacelink, NASA's computerized information system. How Spacelink works; Availability to anyone interested in the space program; Connecting to Spacelink; Types of data that can be accessed; Brief instructions. INSET: Help! (extra tips)..
- Physics makes fluid progress into CAD. Belleville, Laureen // Computer Graphics World;Feb96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Presents the features of FluidCAD, a computer system composed of two components that operate in the Unix client/server environment. Ability of the system to concurrently design and study how fluids move in and around solid objects; Creation of a geometry of the physical problem with any...
- SGI intros breakthrough in visualization supercomputing. Belleville, Laureen // Computer Graphics World;Feb96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Silicon Graphics has announced a supercomputing system called the Onyx InfiniteReality designed to handle demanding visual computing applications in markets such as high-end computer-aided design modeling and visual simulation. Ability to simultaneously process three-dimensional...
- Electronic matching. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;03/31/97, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on BARRA Incorporated and Prebon Yamane Incorporated's plan to launch POSIT-FRA, a computer-based system for crossing forward rate agreements. Information on the system; Goal of Prebon Yamane; Contact information.