Social Networking Tools Made Easy
- 10 Things to Know About Location-Based Services. MULVIHILL, AMANDA // Information Today;Feb2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p1
The article outlines ten types of information about location-based services (LBS). It mentions the general types of LBS including Facebook Places and also geosocial services such as Foursquare. It cites a September 2011 report from the Pew Internet & American Life Project which shows that an...
- SMX West 2011: Search Engines Respond to Users. BEDORD, JEAN // Information Today;May2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the highlights of the fourth Search Marketing Expo (SMX) West conference held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in Silicon Valley, California in early March 2011. It discusses the increase in conference attendees and vendors, as search engine marketing continues to...
- Keeping Up With Corporate Buzz. Brynko, Barbara // Information Today;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
This article discusses the adoption of social media by enterprises. It highlights the growing use of social network web sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. It explores the use of social media by enterprises to exchange information for the marketplace. The adoption of social media tools...
- Overshadowing Library Services. KNOX, KAREN C. // Information Today;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p21
The article focuses on information technology tools and how they compare to integrated library systems. It mentions search company Google's Knowledge Graph with aggregates users' search results and comments on computer software company Microsoft's Snapshot aggregating functionality for its Bing...
- The New Conversation. Oppenheim, Richard // Searcher;May2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p16
The article explores how new technology and services has expanded the way people communicate. People can now communicate through several devices including cellular phones, smartphones, conference calling devices and landline phones. Services such as e-mail, voice over Internet protocol (VoIP)...
- Power to the People. Christou, Corilee // Searcher;Apr2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p22
No abstract available.
- INFOTOONS. // Information Today;Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
A cartoon about the GetGlue social networking site is presented.
- Rekindling Connections. KNOX, KAREN C. // Information Today;Feb2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p21
The article offers information on social networking services including Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud from Salesforce.com, Roost social networking platform from VerticalResponse, and the MarketMeSuite social networking tools from MarketMeSuite.
- Center to Deliver Healthcare Solutions Through Social Media. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);3/12/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p7A
The article presents information on the Centre for Consumer Health Informatics Research, launched by the Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy, southwest Florida, which aims to deliver healthcare solutions through social media and cell phones.