- Controlling Outside Airflow in VAV Systems. Elovitz, Kenneth M. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on the mechanism of mixed-air-plenum in controlling outside air quantity in variable-air-volume (VAV) air handling systems. It notes that system should produce the minimum outside air quantity along with varying load-dependent supply-air quantity. It cites methods including...
- Flow rate through a long channel with a rotating damper at the end. Gol'tsman, A.; Davletshin, I.; Kolchin, S.; Mikheev, N. // Fluid Dynamics;Jul2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p443
The experimental data on the flow rate (velocity) of a fluctuating air flow are presented on a wide fluctuation frequency range at a constant pressure difference between the channel entry and exit. The superimposed flow fluctuations were produced by periodic cut-off of the exit section by a...
- Fire - and Smoke - Damper Control. Felker, Larry // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on dampers and damper control. The types of dampers include fire dampers, smoke dampers and combination fire and smoke dampers. Rarely actuated, fire dampers close when temperature rises and stay shut to stop fire from passing through a barrier. When required to provide fresh...
- Return Fans in VAV Systems. TAYLOR, STEVEN T. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p54
The article discusses excess air relief system solutions for building air economizers to prevent potential security issues caused by over-pressurization. Topics explored include the use of relief dampers, relief fans and return fans, and the advantages and disadvantages of airflow trafficking...
- Characterizing Airflow and Power of VAV Series Fan-Powered Terminal Units from Component Data--Part II. Peng Yin; O'Neal, Dennis L. // ASHRAE Transactions;2014, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p296
No abstract available.
- Effect of Duct Pressure on Air Flow Control Dynamics. Coogan, James J.; Coogan, Joseph C. // ASHRAE Transactions;2015, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p1
No abstract available.
- Performance of Parallel Fan-Powered Terminal Units with Electronically Commutated Motors. Edmondson, Jacob L.; Bryant, John A.; O'Neal, Dennis L.; Davis, Michael A. // ASHRAE Transactions;2011, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p885
Measurements were made on eight fan-powered terminal units that used electronically commutated fan motors. Semi-empirical models were developed for fan airflow output, fan power consumption, and primary airflow for parallel fan-powered variable-air-volume terminal units with electronically...
- Green Product Showcase. // Snips;Jul2012, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p7
The article previews several environmentally friendly products including the Wireless Green Zone Control dampers from Alan Manufacturing Inc., the Fiber-Free AP Coilflex elastomeric foam duct liner from Armacell and Uni-Gasket fittings from McGill AirFlow LLC.
- Erratum to: Optimum placement and characteristics of velocity-dependent dampers under seismic excitation. Mousavi, Seyed; Ghorbani-Tanha, Amir // Earthquake Engineering & Engineering Vibration;Dec2012, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p603
A correction to the article "Optimum placement and characteristics of velocity-dependent dampers under seismic excitation" that was published in a September 2012 issue is presented.