- Tunnel in soft ground. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Feb95, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the starting of the construction of an immersed tube tunnel connecting the towns of Preveza and Aktion in northwest Greece. Construction plan.
- Experts enthusiastic about Dresden relining. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p32
Reports on a proposal to utilize the U-liner pipe underground liner rehabilitation method in Dresden, Germany. Rebuilding of Dresden; Need to refurbish the piping around the Dresden Zwinger theater; Stages of the relining.
- Fyi. // Underground Construction;May98, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p48
Reports on publications related to underground construction in the United States. Includes Hannay Reels' Hose Reel catalog; Catalog on GME's standard and custom steel trench shields; `1998 NACE Products Guide.'
- No Limits. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the improvement of underground construction in the U.S. Methods of using vacuum excavator; Use of Cat D8 dozer to pull MUd Dog hydro excavators; Factors affecting sewer and water infrastructure rehabilitation market.
- Embarrassing waste. // New Scientist;11/24/90, Vol. 128 Issue 1744, p21
States that Eurotunnel's embarrassment over an extra one million cubic metres of waste has been eased by the progress of French machines digging the Channel Tunnel. Change in original plans for tunnel.
- SECRET U.S. PRISON CAMP IN SOMALIA REVEALED. // New York Amsterdam News;7/14/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on issues concerning a controversial secret walled compound with an underground prison in Somalia.
- Light at the end of the tunnel? Bledsoe, Dan // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/28/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p20
Discusses a proposed rail tunnel under New York harbor. Expected benefits from the proposed rail tunnel; New York City's involvement in the tunnel project; Estimated cost of the tunnel under the harbor.
- PALESTINIANS-GAZA TUNNELS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);5/7/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4847, p2
The article reports on the defiance of Gazan tunnel diggers on the underground steel barriers of Egypt which is being constructed along Gaza-Egypt borders to prevent Palestinian smugglers from infiltrating Egypt.
- SUE comes of age. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p22
Discusses subsurface utility engineering (SUE), a process for acquiring reliable information on underground utilities which has been used on highway construction in the United States for 15 years. Origins of SUE; SUE as valuable for environmental purposes to detect and map underground storage...