Rod Control Management System
- Ill. nuclear reactor loses power, venting steam. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/1/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p8
The article offers information on a report by Exelon Nuclear officials that Unit 2 at Byron Generating Station in northern Illinois shut down on January 30, 2011 after losing power from off-site source.
- Jack Trap. Walcher, Jim // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p48
The article offers brief information on the electric power safety equipment Jack Trap from Exelon Nuclear which has been used in a nuclear power plant.
- Next Generation Core Designs. Tusar, James // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p55
The article provides information on the Next Generation Core Designs developed by Exelon Nuclear in the U.S. for Boiling Water Reactors. They address mitigation of cell friction due to fuel channel, minimizing reactivity manipulations/operator challenges and managing increasing uranium prices....
- Last Five Outages in Less Than 20 Days. Rapczynski, Beth // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the operation of the Exelon Nuclear's Limerick Generating Station which sits beside the historic Schuylkill River in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Capacity reactor; Outage performance; Role of Limerick Generating Station as an integral part of the Exelon Nuclear fleet; Limerick Plant...
- Retrofitting BWR Recirculation Pumps with Adjustable-Speed Drives. Morgan, James W; Gode, Timothy // Power;Nov2010, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p66
The article evaluates the boiling water reactor (BWR) recirculation pumps from Exelon Nuclear.
- THREE U.S. POWER PROVIDERS LOOKING AT ADDITIONAL NUCLEAR UNITS. // Power Engineering;May2002, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the plan of three U.S. nuclear power plant operators to build additional units as of May 2002. Intention of Dominion to file for a site permit for its North Anna plant in Virginia; Factor that could influence the decision of Entergy to build additional nuclear power units; Decision of...
- Outage Services. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that Exelon Nuclear has awarded an integrated outage service contract amounting 150 million dollars to GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) to help ensure performance of its fleet of boiling water reactor (BWR) nuclear power plants in New Jersey, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
- Energy Solutions To Begin Work in January To Remove Radioactive Fuel Rods. // Nuclear Waste News;12/27/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p8
The article reports that Utah-based EnergySolutions Inc. will start its work in January 2014 to remove the radioactive fuel rods from the closed Zion nuclear power plant near Lake Michigan. It informs that the Zion plant is owned by Chicago, Illinois-based Exelon Corp. and is the largest project...
- Taiwan in Talks with China, France for Nuclear Waste Deals. // Nuclear Waste News;5/20/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p7
The article focuses on Taiwan's talks with China and France regarding the management of radioactive waste generated in Taiwan. It mentions views of Hwang Jung-chiou, chairman of the state-owned power utility at Taiwan Power Co., regarding his company's talks with France to send spent fuel rods...