Sandia, EPA Develop Software to Protect Water Utilities
- EPA Launches Waste-to-Biogas Mapping Tool. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;6/14/2012, p11
The article reviews the online waste-to-gas mapping software to help the use of organic waste for energy projects from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- EPA Overhauls IRIS Database. // Clean Water Report;5/27/2009, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p7
The article reviews the Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) database software from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Don't drink the water. // Machine Design;11/22/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 22, p51
The article offers information on a prototype system from Sandia National Laboratories which uses software tools to simulate threats and identify vulnerabilities in drinking-water systems, measure potential public health impacts and evaluate response strategies. The system is a part of the...
- Sandia takes on water contamination. // R&D Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the plan of Sandia National Laboratories to test innovative ways to treat arsenic-contaminated water in compliance with the arsenic standard issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Goals of the Arsenic Water Technology Partnership program; Information on a round of tests...
- Sandia Researchers Develop Contaminant Warning Program. // WaterWorld;Nov2006, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p40
The article features the involvement of the Sandia National Laboratories researchers on the study of developing a contaminant warning system program that will monitor municipal water systems and contaminations in the U.S. The project is in cooperation with the Environmental Protection Agency,...
- A Platform Snapshot. // R&D Magazine;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p41
The article offers brief information on the Lighweight Distributed Metric Service computer software from the U.S. Department of Energy's Sandia National Laboratories and grid computing firm Open Grid Computing.
- Proposed Approval of the Central Characterization Project's Remote- Handled Transuranic Waste Characterization Program at Sandia National Laboratory. Flynn, Michael P. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/6/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 194, p62062
The article discusses the move of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to announce the availability and soliciting public comments on the proposed approval of the radioactive, remotehandled (RH), transuranic (TRU) waste characterization program at Sandia National Laboratory (SNL) in...
- Key to Stormwater Program Development Technologies. // Stormwater;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p82
The article reviews stormwater software programs such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Storm Water Management Model, Wallingford Software's InfoWorks RS and the Mike Urban from DHI.
- SOFTWARE. // R&D Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p36
The article reviews several software tools including Optimal Trajectories by Implicit Simulation program version 4 (OTIS4) developed by NASA Glenn Research Center, the Catamount N-Way (CNW) Lightweight Kernel operating system from Sandia National Laboratories and Operating Systems Research, and...