- The flow bar. // Women's Sports & Fitness (10996079);Sep/Oct98, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p67
Evaluates Flow Bar, a workout gadget. How to use the gadget; Cost; Benefits from using the product.
- Basic training. Skorupa, Joe; Cox, Rich // Popular Mechanics;Mar93, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p52
Offers a comparison test of five multistation home gyms. Lifestyler 50 ERS; NordicFlex Gold; Soloflex; Trimax; Weider Power Stack.
- Ratings. // Consumer Reports;May92, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p320
Assesses and rates the latest models of stair climber exercise machines that are available on the market for consumers. Brand and model; Price; Action; Leg motion; Maximum cadence, steps per minute; Ergonomics; rigidity, stability; Steppers; Ladders; CSA E541; BMI/Helix SC8000; Others; Ratings;...
- Fitness: How to choose home exercise equipment. Diener, Maria H. // Total Health;Feb94, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p35
Presents the things to consider when choosing home exercise equipments. Guidelines; Way of classifying resistance; Fitness as investment to one's health.
- Flexing your muscles around the house. Sussman, Vic // U.S. News & World Report;5/10/93, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p77
Gives reasons why building muscle strength can better your chances of holding off heart disease, high blood pressure, adult diabetes and brittle bones of osteoporosis. Importance of combining strength training, aerobic exercise and a healthy diet; Benefits of strength-training machine;...
- Tread away pounds. Wu, Corinna; Brownlee, Shannon // U.S. News & World Report;5/20/96, Vol. 120 Issue 20, p71
Discusses a study by the Medical College of Wisconsin and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Milwaukee on various types of aerobic-exercise machines. Finding that the motorized treadmill burned more calories than a stairmaster, stationary bicycle, cross-country-skiing machine and more;...
- The secret to a flatter stomach? . // Consumer Reports;May97, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p8
Offers a comparison test of various gadgets which promise a flatter, firmer stomach and slimmer waist. Model information on the ABFLEX, AB Roller Plus, EZ-Krunch, Nordic Track's AbWorks and Tony Little's Ab Isolator; Claims; Performance.
- Ratings: Ski machines. // Consumer Reports;1995 Special Issue Buyers Guide, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p250
Presents an overview of ski machines in the market. Recommended brands; Expectations from typical ski machine; Evaluation of 6 independent leg motion and 7 dependent leg motion ski machines according to maximum exercise performance, ergonomics, durability and sturdiness under work; Features and...
- Great gadgets. Neporent, Liz // Shape;Mar94, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p108
Presents recommended exercise devices which are simple, affordable and effective. Medicine balls by Olympia; Lifeline Gym tubing; Spalding SportRope; RIPP Resistance Training Vest; Exerstriders.