- Local biometrics company Global Rainmakers is exnanding. Hernández, Gina M. // Caribbean Business;8/26/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the expansion of the biometrics company Global Rainmakers Inc. (GRI) in Aguada, Puerto Rico.
- The Iris Has It. Gallagher, Matt // Red Herring;8/18/2010, p5
The article reports the introduction of the iris scanning technology by Global Rainmakers Inc. (GRI). The biometrics firm has partnered with the city of Leon in Mexico to situate eye scanners all over the city. The first phase includes the use of the eye scanners by law enforcement forces at...
- Global Rainmakers in Channel Distribution Partnership with Dutch Firm. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/23/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on a channel distribution partnership signed by Global Rainmakers, Inc. (GRI) with the Hacousto Group to market the tokenless-biometric security system of GRI to the Benelux region.
- Eskofot scanner is competitive. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;5/17/96, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p2
Compares Renaissance scanner with the Eskofot 2636. Reaction of Eskofot on the comparison; Performance and price of the machines.
- Cheap scans. Bass, Steve // PC World;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p189
Evaluates several flatbed and sheetfed scanners priced under $300 as of February of 1998. Flatbed scanners including the Acer AcerScan Prisa 310S, the Agfa SnapScan 600, the Epson Perfection 600, the HP ScanJet 5pse, the Microtek ScanMaker V300, the Plustek FBIV, the Polaroid CD-300LE and the...
- Scan your way onto the Web. Rudich, Joe // Link-Up;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p28
Evaluates five personal scanners. Includes Logitech's PageScan Color Pro; Visioneer's PaperPort Strobe; Microtek's Color PageWiz.
- Film scanners. Nielsen, Matthew // Macworld;Dec1993, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p59
Reviews the Coolscan LS-10e and ScanMaker 35t film scanners.
- Scanning on the run. Lu, Cary // Macworld;Jan1994, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p108
Evaluates several hand scanners for their accuracy and speed in capturing graphics and performing optical character recognition (OCR). Caere's OmniScan; Logitech's ScanMan 32; Mustek's Langelo Color and Langelo Gray; Thunderware's LightningScan 400, LightningScan Compact, LightningScan Portable...
- Low-cost scanners up close and personal. Bass, Steve // PC World;Apr96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p147
Reviews and compares six personal scanners. Delrina WinFax Scanner; Epson Personal Document Station; Logitech PageScan Color; Microtek PageWiz; Umax PageOffice; Visioneer PaperPort Vx; A comparison of the features; Results of tests of speed, scan quality, and OCR accuracy.