- Better CPR Device. SerVaas, Cory // Medical Update;2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on a cardiopulmonary resuscitation device developed by Revivant Corporation.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Epinephrine Infusion in Extremely Low Birth Weight Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Campbell, Morag E.; Byrne, Paul J. // Journal of Perinatology;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p691
Background: Survival of extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infants has improved significantly; however, the aggressiveness of treatment in these infants remains controversial. Critical appraisal of the benefits of cadriopulmonary resurcitation (CPR) and intravenous epinephrine infusion (IV EPI)...
- Laerdal introduces CPR barrier device. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the introduction of Laedral Medical's cardiopulmonary resuscitation barrier device.
- HANDS-FREE LIFESAVER. // Good Health & Medicine;May2008, p14
The article evaluates the ZOLL AutoPulse cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) device.
- Delivering CPR. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p54
Provides information on the CPREzy cardiopulmonary resuscitation device from Health and Safety Affairs to be exhibited at the Safety & Health Expo in Birmingham, England, from May 11 to 13, 2004. Effectiveness of the product compared to traditional CPR chest compressions.
- Education. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 91, pA74
The article presents abstracts of medical research. They include "Random Safety Audits: A Lesson From Industry Applied Successfully to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit," "Ward Based Resuscitation Scenario Training" and "High Fidelity Clinical Simulators Can Be Used to Educate Paediatric...
- Shortfall of equipment for neonatal intensive care and the introduction of budget holding contracts. Fenton, Alan C.; Field, David J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/28/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6745, p201
Examines the cost of neonatal intensive care equipments in Great Britain. Introduction of budget holding contracts for perinatal services by the British Association of Pediatric Association and Perinatal Pediatrics; Impact of proposal on the guidelines for the selection of equipments;...
- What James Franco's Severed Arm Taught Me. WILSON, STACEY // Hollywood Reporter;3/4/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 8, p21
The article reports that special effects artist Tony Gardner's handiwork kit for the film "127 Hours" is being used by intensive care doctors as neonatal training aids.
- The role of a pediatric ethics committee in the newborn intensive care unit. Mercurio, M. R. // Journal of Perinatology;Jan2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
Institutional Ethics Committees are commonly available in hospitals with newborn intensive care units, and may serve as a valuable resource for staff and parents dealing with difficult ethical decisions. Many clinicians may be unaware of when the committee might be helpful, or how it functions....