Glow, Little GloFish
- A zebra in the classroom. Leake, Devin; Morvillo, Nancy // American Biology Teacher;Jan1998, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p32
Presents information relating to the care and breeding of zebrafish by biology students. Instructions for breeding of the fish; Development of the zebrafish embryos; Steps for regeneration process of the fish.
- The cyclops mutation blocks specification of the floor plate of the zebrafish central nervous... Hatta, K.; Kimmel, C.B. // Nature;3/28/1991, Vol. 350 Issue 6316, p339
Analyzes mutations in the zebrafish. Reports that in wild-type embryos the floor plate develops as a simply organized single cell row, but that its development fails in embryos bearing the newly discovered zygotic lethal cyclops mutation, `cyc'-1(b16).
- A homeobox gene essential for zebrafish notochord development. Talbot, William S.; Trevarrow, Bill // Nature;11/9/1995, Vol. 378 Issue 6553, p150
Describes the phenotype of floating head mutant zebrafish embryos. Absence of notochord; Display of abnormalities in mesoderm and CNS derivatives; Molecular characterization of the floating head gene.
- Fast Skeletal Muscle-Specific Expression of a Zebrafish Myosin Light Chain 2 Gene and Characterization of Its Promoter by Direct Injection into Skeletal Muscle. Xu, Yanfei; He, Jiangyan; Tian, Ho Lian; Chan, Chiew Hua; Liao, Ji; Yan, Tie; Lam, Toong Jin; Gong, Zhiyuan // DNA & Cell Biology;Jan1999, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p85
A zebrafish myosin light chain 2 cDNA clone was isolated and characterized. Sequence analysis of the clone revealed a high homology with the mammalian and avian genes encoding the fast skeletal muscle isoform, MLC2f. In situ hybridization and Northern blot hybridization analyses indicated that...
- Microarray analysis and quantitative real-time PCR validation of gene expression during auditory hair cell regeneration in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Schuck, Julie B.; Chia-Hui Lin; Penberthy, William T.; Xiaohong Li; Cooper, Nigel G. F.; Smith, Michael E. // BMC Bioinformatics;2009 Supplement 7, Vol. 10, p1
An abstract of a study related to the quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) validation and microarray analysis of gene expression during auditory hair cell regeneration in zebrafish, which was conducted by Julie B. Schuck and colleagues, is presented.
- Female preferences and male-male interactions in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Pyron, M. // Canadian Journal of Zoology;Jan2003, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p122
Studies female preferences and male-male interactions in zebrafish. Observations of reproductive behavior; Female-preference experiments; Preferences for body size.
- The vasa Locus in Zebrafish: Multiple RGG Boxes from Duplications. B�rtfai, Rich�rd; Orb�n, L�szl� // DNA & Cell Biology;Jan2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p47
Vasa is the most extensively characterized germ cell-specific marker in metazoans. We determined the sequence of the zebrafish vasa locus, which - together with the flanking regions - is 25 kb long. It contains 26 + 1 exons, with an average length of 83 bp. The 5' end of zebrafish vasa is rich...
- Forward. Echevarria, David // International Journal of Comparative Psychology;2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor mentions the introduction of zebrafish by Streisinger as model for neural development in the 1960s, the increase in the use of zebrafish in behavioral studies, and four articles that link biology and behavior.
- Regenerating Zebrafish Hearts Reveal the Molecular Agents of Repair. Gross, Liza // PLoS Biology;Aug2006, Vol. 4 Issue 8, pe281
An abstract of the article "Regenerating Zebrafish Hearts Reveal the Molecular Agents of Repair ," by Liza Gross is presented.