Manufacturer claims new tobacco product encourages harm reduction
- Imperial Tobacco smoking in U.S. // Drug Store News;9/23/96, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p83
Reports on the success of Montreal, Quebec's market share in Canada. Dominant brands; Visitor spending in Canada; Drug stores' offering of tobacco products.
- Taxation of smokeless tobacco in India. Rout, S. K.; Arora, M. // Indian Journal of Cancer;2014 Supplement1, Vol. 51, pS8
The role of fiscal policy, especially taxation, though has been proved to be an effective instrument of tobacco control, its application is limited in India due to several reasons. This paper examines the tax structure, price and affordability of SLT products in order to provide evidence on how...
- Levels and trends of smokeless tobacco use among youth in countries of the World Health Organization South-East Asia Region. Sinha, D. N.; Palipudi, K. M.; Jones, C. K.; Khadka, B. B.; Silva, P. D.; Mumthaz, M.; Shein, N. N. N.; Gyeltshen, T.; Nahar, K.; Asma, S.; Kyaing, N. N. // Indian Journal of Cancer;2014 Supplement1, Vol. 51, pS50
At least two rounds of the Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) have been completed in most of the countries in the World Health Organization South-East Asia region. Comparing findings from these two rounds provides trend data on smokeless tobacco (SLT) use for the first time. METHODS: This study...
- West Virginia Study Examines Smokeless Tobacco Use--Is It A Replacement or Supplement? // Tobacco International;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on a West Virginia study initiated by Dr. Melissa Banks examining whether smokeless tobacco products are being used by smokers as replacements or supplements for cigarettes as of 2014.
- PCs for NVIT. // Raven's Eye;Nov2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p10
Reports the donation of several used computers to the Nicola Valley Institute of Technology from Imperial Tobacco Canada Limited in central British Columbia. Upgrade on student and faculty systems; Support on higher learning programs; Response of school president Casey Sheridan.
- Imperial unveils ultra low-tar L&B. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;9/3/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p9
States that Imperial Tobacco company is planning to launch an ultra low-tar version of its Lambert and Butler brand of cigarett. Claims being made by Imperial regarding the product; Information on some of the product's competition; Details on how the product will be promoted; Reference to some...
- Smokeless Gains & Growing Pains. // Convenience Store News;Aug2013 Supplement Industry Handbook, p22
The article reports on the performance of the other tobacco products (OTP) industry in the U.S. during 2012-2013, along with several charts and graphs related to the same. It is stated that sales of OTPs are strong at convenience stores, despite the growth of electronic cigarettes. Moist...
- Pinching for Profits. CARNEAL, TRACI // CSP;Jul2011 Supplement, p35
The article discusses how convenience stores and tobacco outlets are changing the marketing, displaying and selling of moist smokeless tobacco (MST) in the U.S. It says that the influx of new products and government regulations have led retailers to reassess their MST and other tobacco product...
- Why 2015 might be the year of the smokeless pouch. VONDER HAAR, MELISSA // CSP;Feb2015, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p89
The article discusses sales figures and growth options for the moist smokeÂ less tobacco (MST) industry. Topics include the sales performance of premium and low-priced loose MST, how MST pouches are being seen as the drivers of growth for the industry in the future, and comments from tobacco...