- Online service for NH'S patients. // Talkback Magazine;Winter2007, p21
The article reviews the web site NHS Choices from the National Health Service in Great Britain.
- WEBSITE OF THE WEEK. Carnall, Douglas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/22/2000, Vol. 321 Issue 7255, p248
Evaluates the British government's web site designed to discuss the healthcare performance indicators released by the National Health Service (NHS). Details of data presented by the site; Discussion of medical policy in Great Britain; Questions regarding the accuracy and validity of the data.
- Site geist. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p20
The article reviews several web sites related to safety. Safety tips for working with Caterpillar products are available at www.safety.cat.com. The Department for Culture, Media and Sport's Humanitarian Assistance Unit has developed a web site for coping with disasters at...
- NETLINES. Brown, Harry // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/24/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7399, p1151
Reviews a number of Web sites relating to medicine. Resources of the Perinatal Educational Program, which aims to help train health professionals in poor areas who help pregnant women and children; Australian Skeptics, a Web site which claims to investigate pseudo-science and the paranormal...
- Bioterrorism. Jones, Giselle // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/25/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7382, p230
Reviews the Web site of the National Electronic Library for Health Emergency Care, which provides information for emergency physicians dealing with victims of real or suspected biochemical attack. Search of United Nations weapons inspectors in Iraq for weapons of mass destruction; Discussion of...
- Doctor know. Rowland, Hilary; Harris, Lynn // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p50
Discusses an attempt of the British National Health Service (NHS) to improve research and information management operations within the agency. Features required for development of knowledge management program; Technique used by clinical audit coordinator Jilly Alexander.
- GPs facing upsurge in complaints via e-mail. McNulty, Susan // Pulse;4/7/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the British Department of Health's recommendation in 'NHS Complaints Reform--Making Things Right,' its response to a two-year independent review into the complaints system. Effectivity date for the plans; Proposal for a national service framework for complaints to standardise the...
- Notes from the editor. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, preceding p1
Comments on the 50th anniversary of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Debates about the NHS in the United States; Creation of culture among health care providers unrecognizable in the US; Achievements under the NHS.
- Trouble in Thatcherland. Gelb, N. // New Leader;3/20/89, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the future of Britain's National Health Service (NHS) under reforms proposed by Health Minister Kenneth Clarke. Opposition of the British Medical Association (BMA) to the government's NHS plans.