Alcoa launches three wheel lines for trucks
- Fuel economy: weight savings. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Oct2007, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p47
The article evaluates several weight and fuel-saving wide base tires including the Greatec radials from Bridgestone Corp., the X One from Michelin SA, and the aluminum wheels from Alcoa Inc.
- Aluminum in face off with plastic. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jan1993, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the Aluminum Co. of America's (ALCOA) development of 5000 series high-strength aluminum alloy that offers higher rigidity and increased dent-resistance characteristics. Applications for appliance control-panel; Advantages of the alloy for appliance trim; Brochure entitled `Aluminum...
- Alcoa restructures. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/23/87, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p65
Following a reorganization, Alcoa is moving from its traditional role of primary materials supplier to that of a manufacturer of finished, value-added products made from aluminum. Alcoa is now structured into five business groups focuses on specific markets. The reorganization plan was...
- New brochure lists specs for Alcoa forged wheels for heavy-duty trucks. // Fleet Equipment;Jun97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p98
Enumerates topics addressed in the brochure of Alcoa Wheel Products International. Specifications on forged aluminum wheels for heavy-duty trucks, buses and motorhomes; Expansion of New Generation wheels product line.
- Early retirement will mean a 2nd career for some leaving Alcoa. Malott, Kristen // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the early retirement package offered by Wenatchee, Washington aluminum smelter Alcoa to its employees. Opportunity for employers who accept the offer to start new careers; Rationale behind the early retirement option.
- Alcoa figures 2Q losses from AEP shutdown at $40M. // Electronic News (10616624);6/17/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2121, p78
Reports that Alcoa completed the shutdown of its Alcoa Electronic Packaging plant in San Diego, California. After-tax charge.
- Anonymous. Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Nov96, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p8
Reports on Aluminum Co. of America's refusal to reveal the name of the person who announced its intention to cut about four percent of its workforce. Public relations consultant's remarks on this move.
- Alcoa supplies hoods for GM's '97 minivans. // Ward's Auto World;Nov96, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p63
Reports on Alcoa's supplying of the aluminum sheet for the hoods on General Motors Corp.'s (GM) 1997 front-drive minivans. Deal as the largest contract for aluminum body sheet in GM's history; Weight of the hoods which is less than comparable plastic composites.
- Alcoa's gift. Dickerson, Linda A. // Executive Report;Jan1997, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p3
Applauds Alcoa for offering to give its 44-year-old facility in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to the community. Plans for the reuse of the building; Features of the proposed Alcoa Regional Resource Center.