Maintenance-Free Fan-Drive Belts Saving University $30,000 in Energy
- Small room air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;Jul88, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p451
Report of tests of small room (bedroom-sized) air conditioners. Factors to keep in mind when selecting an air conditioner (room size, cost, performance, thermostat, `energy savers,' operation under adverse conditions); Tests for these and other features of 13 air conditioners; Ratings and...
- A guide to cooling off. // Consumer Reports;Jun97, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p24
Evaluates air-conditioners for small and medium-sized rooms. Basics to consider; How the air-conditioners were tested; How to determine how much cooling capacity you need; Installation tips; Overall ratings chart; Details on various models, including the Amana 5QZ21RC, the Gibson GACO56Y7A, the...
- Room air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;Jun93, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p364
Evaluates 29 models of room air-conditioners with ratings from 5000 British thermal units to those rated at 8,200 Btu per hour. Cross section of the best-selling part of the market; Assessing ability to keep a room cool and dry; Considerations of air direction and speed, sound and ice formation;...
- Split ductless air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;Jun93, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p370
Evaluates seven split ductless air-conditioners, which are widely used in Europe and Japan, and represent a middle ground in both price and capability between room air-conditioners and central systems. Advantages over central and room air-conditioners; Performance; Controls and features;...
- Split coolers. Gilmore, V.E. // Popular Science;Jul88, Vol. 233 Issue 1, p76
Room air conditioners don't have to block a window or protrude through a hole in the wall. Another type has separate inside and outside coils so the compressor--and the noise--are outside. These coolers can be a fine choice for a room addition and for homes without ductwork.
- Way cool. // Consumer Reports;Jun98, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p36
Presents a guide to buying air conditioning. Central questions; How to select a system; Overview of a central-cooling system; Features of several room air conditioners, including Amana Quiet Zone 5Q721RC; Amana Quiet Zone 7Q721RC; Panasonic CW-806TU; Price.
- Ratings: Large-room air conditioners. // Consumer Reports;1995 Special Issue Buyers Guide, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p202
Presents an overview of large-room air conditioners in the market. Recommended brands; Expectations from typical model; Evaluation of 13 12,000 BTU-per-hour and 15 9,000 to 10,600 BTU-per-hour models according to performance and energy efficiency; Operating characteristics of ranked models.
- Ratings. // Consumer Reports;Jun94, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p402
Rates air-conditioners in order of performance and efficiency. Price; Dimensions; energy efficiency; Moisture removal feature; Cooling comfort; Noise; General Electric; Quasar; Montgomery Ward Signature 2000; Carrier; Friedrich; Sears Kenmore; Whirlpool; White Westinghouse; Goldstar; Panasonic;...
- Ratings: Large air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;1997 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p143
Presents ratings for large air-conditioners, or air conditioners with 8,900 - 12,000 BTU/HR production. Tests behind the ratings; Standard features; Recommendations; Overall ratings; Model details; Brands including Friedrich, General Electric, Sharp, Gibson, White-Westinghouse, Quasar, Amana,...