Convenient device cleans babies' nasal passages safely
- Doctor-designed aspirator makes clearing babies' noses a breeze. // Contemporary Pediatrics;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p83
The article evaluates the Cleanoz battery-operated nasal aspirating kit from Ubimed.
- Does gastro-oesophageal reflux following PEG placement in stroke patients predict a poorer outcome? Elphick, David A.; Elphick, Heather L.; Smith, Lynne; Da Costa, David; Riley, Stuart A. // Age & Ageing;Sep2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p545
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Tracheal pH Monitoring and Aspiration in Acute Stroke" by J. Clayton et al in a 2006 issue.
- Utility of needle aspiration of tumours. // British Medical Journal;6/10/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6126, p1507
Examines the use of needle aspiration for excision of tumors in Great Britain. Detection of malignancy; Importance of histopathological diagnosis; Impact of chemotherapy on ablative surgery.
- Suprapubic aspiration under ultrasound guidance in children with fever of undiagnosed cause. Buys, Heloise; Pead, Linda; Hallert, Richard; Maskell, Rosalinda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/12/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6930, p690
Assesses the ease of use of suprapubic aspiration of urine under ultrasound guidance in babies with fever of uncertain cause. Assessment of the importance of bacterial counts and pyuria in relation to abnormalities of the urinary tract; Design and methodology; Discussion of results.
- Aspire to prevention. Ballal, V. // British Dental Journal;8/11/2012, Vol. 213 Issue 3, p97
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the letter to the editor "Managing aspiration," in the 2012 issue.
- CASS. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p379
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym CASS, which refers to continuous aspiration of subglottic secretions, is presented.
- nyxis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1613
A definition of the term "nyxis," which refers to puncture or piercing that it is synonymous with paracentesis, is presented.
- aspiration. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p198
A definition of the term "aspiration," which refers to withdrawal of fluid from a cavity by suctioning with an aspirator, is presented.
- aspiration, risk for. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p199
A definition of the term "risk for aspiration," which refers to the state in which an individual is at risk for entry of gastric secretions, oropharyngeal secretions or oropharyngeal secretions or exogenous food or fluids into tracheobronchial passages, presented.