applications & resources MOTORS & DRIVES
- Know The Variables. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Sep2008, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p16
The article evaluates the WEG variable frequency inverters from WEG Electric Motors Corp.
- WEG inverters improve motor control. // Mining Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p62
The article introduces a series of variable frequency inverters from WEG Electric Motors Corp.
- High Power Drives. // Product Design & Development;Jun2008, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p12
The article evaluates the SMVector NEMA 1 drives frequency inverter from Lenze-AC Tech.
- Inverter sports disconnect switch. // Machine Design;1/22/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p65
The article evaluates the SMVector Frequency Inverter with an internal disconnect switch from Lenze-AC Tech.
- SR Motors coming on strong. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct94, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the advantages of switched-reluctance (SR) motors. Advancements in electronic-switching devices and computer-designed programs; A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co.'s series of switched-reluctance hermetic and fractional horsepower motors and controls for HVAC applications.
- Replacement Fan Motors. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/8/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p9
The article evaluates the 13-W output replacement motor from A. O. Smith Electrical Products Co.
- Dsr technology eases motor tuning. Lindsey, Kelly // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p40
Presents the `digital switched reluctance' (dsr) in fan blower motor introduced by A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co. at the International Airconditioning, Heat and Refrigeration (IAHR) Expo in Chicago, Ill. in 1995. Features; Capabilities; Method of function; Benefits.
- AWARDS. // Machine Design;10/20/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p32
Reports that the IG-MEX Plant Two of A.O. Smith Electrical Products Company in Juarez, Mexico earned the 2004 A.O. Smith President's Safety Award.
- Enhanced Comfort, Close Collaboration. N.C.R. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct98, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p58
Features A.O Smith Electrical Products Co.'s FSD variable-speed motor concept, a commercialized fan motor/controller package that uses a single-point, low-speed inverter topology. Features of the product; Functionality of the equipment; Advantages offered by the company's devices.