New on Wheels
- Conveyor system optimizes asphalt delivery. Radwan, Catherine M . // Government Product News;May2008, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p26
The article evaluates the Blackbelt body with pure belt chainless conveyor system from Henderson Manufacturing Inc.
- Cable and hose carrying systems done right. Jackson, Michael // Machine Design;8/22/94, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p113
Discusses points to consider in selecting cable and hose carrying systems. Total travel distance; Bend radius; Mounting bracket position; Carrier system contents; Operating speed and acceleration; Environmental conditions and temperature.
- Selecting roller conveyors. Holzhauer, Ron // Plant Engineering;9/23/93, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p50
Looks at gravity and powered roller conveyors. Preference for rollers over belts; Problem of handling physically small items; Conveyor roller spacing and width; Conveyor speed; Installment of roller conveyors; Controls; Flat belt roller conveyors; V-belt roller conveyors; Cable roller...
- High-quality roller systems costs less. Agnoff, Charles // Machine Design;4/18/94, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p116
Discusses procurement issues in high-speed conveyance systems. Increase of operating speeds and time span; Propensity to purchase on the basis of the lowest bid; Consideration of user-friendly features.
- DAT: In June, spot market short of seasonal norms. // Fleet Owner Blog;7/19/2013, p2
The article reports that spot-market freight volumes as cited by the North American Freight Index of the load board provider DAT Network increased 2.2 percent in June 2013 from May posting although the figure fell short of seasonal norms.
- Trailer orders fall sharply. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;5/28/2015, p6
The article reports on the significant decline in trailer order activity in the U.S. in April 2015, impacting the dry van and flatbed segments.
- Reefer and dry van rates reverse course. // Overdrive;Nov2012, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p16
The article informs that sales of vehicles including flatbed, dry van and refrigerated van decreased in September 2012 in the U.S.
- GAUGES: Income soars as miles stay flat. // Overdrive;Oct2012, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p20
A report on the dry van, flatbed, and reefer gauges is presented.
- CHECK-WEIGH CONVEYORS. // Food Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p63
The article evaluates the NTEP certified check-weigh conveyors from NBE.