First Aid for All
- Wrapping up CD-ROMs for Christmas. Belsie, Laurent; Spotts, Peter N. // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/95, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p10
Provides information about some CD-ROMs of different fields like education, and entertainment, that can be given as Christmas gifts.
- Out for review. // Technology Connection;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p34
Presents information on several educational CD-ROMs being reviewed. Includes the CD-ROM `Invention Studio'; `The Universe Beyond'; `Safety Scavenger Hunt'; `Career Discovery Encyclopedia.'
- Black holes ain't so black. Goodwin, Michael // PC World;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p315
Presents a review of CD-ROMs. `A Brief History of Time'; `The Cartoon History of the Universe'; `1995 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia'; `Hardball 4'; `Wyatt Earp's Old West.'
- CD-ROMs: What's hot, what's not. Lasky., Michael S. // PCWorld;Jun95, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p249
Introduces the CD-ROM titles reviewed by the `PC World' editors. Titles that are optimized for Pentium machines; Exceptional entries that works fine without a Pentium.
- Cyberpunk Johnny, basketball madness, and practice pool. Keizer, Gregg // PCWorld;Jun95, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p336
Features reviews of several CD-ROM titles. Johnny Mneumonic from Sony Imagesoft; Slam City With Scottie Pippen from Digital Pictures; Virtual Pool from Interplay Productions; Subscription CD-ROM Music Net.
- A covey of CD-ROMs. // Astronomy;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p91
Reviews CD-ROMs on astronomy. Includes `Brief History of Time,' by Stephen Hawking; `Comet Collision with Jupiter' from Gepetto and Son; `Shuttle Encyclopedia' from Walnut Creek CDROM; `Space' from Seattle Support Group.
- Art and culture. Lasky, Michael S. // PCWorld;Dec1995, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p131
Reviews the art and culture CD ROMs selected by the editors of PC World for consideration as holiday gifts. Voyager's `With Open Eyes'; `Museum of Bad Art' from Backyard Computing; `Robert Mapplethorpe: An Overview' from Digital Collections; More.
- Reference and how-to. Lasky, Michael S. // PCWorld;Dec1995, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p136
Reviews the CD ROMs on reference, atlas and other topics, selected by editors of PC World for consideration as holiday gifts. Encyclopaedia Britannica's `Britannica CD 2.0'; `3D Atlas' from Creative Wonders; `Microsoft Encarta 96 World Atlas' from Microsoft; More.
- Kids' corner. Furger, Roberta // PCWorld;Dec1995, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p138
Reviews CD ROMs on stories combining games, puzzles and coloring books for children, selected by the editors of PC World for consideration as holiday gifts. `The Escape of Marvin The Ape' from T/Maker; Headbone Interactive's `Elroy Goes Bugzerk'; `James Discovers Math' from Broderbund; More. ...