- Zoll Medical to offer EMS monitor to Welsh Ambulance. // Medical Device Daily;5/2/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 84, p2
The article reports on a contract signed by Zoll Medical with the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust to provide its Zoll E Series EMS monitor/defibrillator. A total of 185 E Series units will be distributed by Zoll in Welsh Ambulance's frontline ambulances in the north, central and west, and...
- EMS showcase. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p69
Presents equipment aimed at emergency medical services. Includes Ward Diesel's no smoke filtration system; Steering wheel cutters from Porter-Ferguson; Fiberglass fire ladders from Duo-Safety Ladder Corp.
- Emergency toolkit. Lipley, Nick // Emergency Nurse;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the launch of an emergency care leads toolkit by the National Electronic Library for Health in Great Britain in February 2003
- The evolution of the fire service EMS vehicle. Sachs, Gordon M. // Fire Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p22
Discusses how the fire emergency medical services (EMS) vehicle evolved into an effective firefighting tool. America's first ambulance service; Development of high-rise vans and modular units on pickup truck chassis; Provision of EMS first-response services by fire departments starting in the...
- Medical Assistance Information Sheet aids information gathering. // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on Fire Department Lieutenant Doug Hanham's development of the Medical Assistance Information Sheet, a device that can be used in gathering basic medical information of emergency medical calls. Data recorded on the sheet include residents' name, date of birth and health card number;...
- 24/7 Personal Emergency System Set for Seniors in India. // India -- West;4/15/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 21, pB10
The article reports on the plan of HELPSoS to launch India's first personalized monitoring and personalized service for senior for security and medical emergencies in 2011.
- Obesity puts pressure on hospital staff. // Queensland Nurse;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on a study regarding the difficulties encountered by Australian nurses and doctors when treating obese people in Australia, which reveals the need for hospital emergency departments to have bigger blood pressure cuffs, larger hospital beds, and more lifting devices like...
- Defibrillator On-Call. // Parks & Recreation;Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p65
The article evaluates the CB1 automated external defibrillator (AED) and communication unit by Code Blue Corporation.
- Emergency medicine. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS16
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Use of a personal digital assistant as a research tool in the emergency department,' by A. Travers, B. Holroyd et al from the University of Alberta Hospital. Pocket computers.