- Take Control of High-End. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/21/2010, Vol. 240 Issue 8, p17
The article evaluates several heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) products including iQ Drive systems from Nordyne Inc., icomfort communicating system from Lennox International Inc. and Comfort Control System from Rheem.
- 7 New Prodcts That Boost Energy Efficiency and IAQ For The Fall. Fickes, Michael // IE3;Sep2012, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p42
The article evaluates several products including the Single-Zone Variable Air Volume (SZ-VAV) control from Trane Inc., the icomfort WiFi programmable thermostat from Lennox International Inc. and the iQ Drive Gas Packs from Nordyne Inc.
- Small room air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;Jul88, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p451
Report of tests of small room (bedroom-sized) air conditioners. Factors to keep in mind when selecting an air conditioner (room size, cost, performance, thermostat, `energy savers,' operation under adverse conditions); Tests for these and other features of 13 air conditioners; Ratings and...
- A guide to cooling off. // Consumer Reports;Jun97, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p24
Evaluates air-conditioners for small and medium-sized rooms. Basics to consider; How the air-conditioners were tested; How to determine how much cooling capacity you need; Installation tips; Overall ratings chart; Details on various models, including the Amana 5QZ21RC, the Gibson GACO56Y7A, the...
- Room air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;Jun93, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p364
Evaluates 29 models of room air-conditioners with ratings from 5000 British thermal units to those rated at 8,200 Btu per hour. Cross section of the best-selling part of the market; Assessing ability to keep a room cool and dry; Considerations of air direction and speed, sound and ice formation;...
- Split ductless air-conditioners. // Consumer Reports;Jun93, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p370
Evaluates seven split ductless air-conditioners, which are widely used in Europe and Japan, and represent a middle ground in both price and capability between room air-conditioners and central systems. Advantages over central and room air-conditioners; Performance; Controls and features;...
- Split coolers. Gilmore, V.E. // Popular Science;Jul88, Vol. 233 Issue 1, p76
Room air conditioners don't have to block a window or protrude through a hole in the wall. Another type has separate inside and outside coils so the compressor--and the noise--are outside. These coolers can be a fine choice for a room addition and for homes without ductwork.
- Way cool. // Consumer Reports;Jun98, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p36
Presents a guide to buying air conditioning. Central questions; How to select a system; Overview of a central-cooling system; Features of several room air conditioners, including Amana Quiet Zone 5Q721RC; Amana Quiet Zone 7Q721RC; Panasonic CW-806TU; Price.
- Ratings. // Consumer Reports;Jun94, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p402
Rates air-conditioners in order of performance and efficiency. Price; Dimensions; energy efficiency; Moisture removal feature; Cooling comfort; Noise; General Electric; Quasar; Montgomery Ward Signature 2000; Carrier; Friedrich; Sears Kenmore; Whirlpool; White Westinghouse; Goldstar; Panasonic;...