- Cut the Cord. Careless, James // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/ 1/2011, p2
The article offers brief information on several wireless headset solutions for firefighters including the Freedom wireless headset from Avcomm International, the wLINK headsets from Earmark LLC, and ControlLink-Plus wireless headset from Quala-Tel Communications.
- Cut the Cord. Careless, James // Fire Chief;Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p30
The article mentions several headsets designed for firefighters including Freedom wireless headset from Avcomm International, the David Clark Series 9900 wireless headset from David Clark Co. Inc. and the ControlLink-Plus wireless headset from Quala-Tel Communications.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p251
The article evaluates several emergency rescue products including the Forcible Entry Simulator from Inforcer LLC, STEDAIR 4000Â® Fabric from Stedfast Inc. and CONTROLLINKâ„¢ ALL-DIGITAL INTERCOM SYSTEM from Quala-Tel Communications.
- ...perspective on time-to-market. Kmetovicz, Ron // Electronic Design;6/26/95, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p112
Traces the improvements in communication tools from the letter, the telephone, the answering machine, the fax machine to voice mail and electronic mail. Gradual removal of barriers as communication tools improved; Engineers' need to optimize communication tools for time-sensitive new programs.
- Flip-chip photodetector for high-speed communications instrumentation. Tan, Tun S.; Braun, David M.; Bagwell, Tim L.; Kocot, Christopher P.; Straznicky, Joseph; Sloan, Susan R. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Dec97, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p102
Focuses on the development of a family of 7-GHz-bandwidth optical receivers and a nine-channel optical receiver with a gigabit-per-second data rate per channel. Flip-chip photodetector with microlens; Micro-flip-chip technology; Fabrication process; Flip chip assembly.
- 980-nm pump lasers for fiber optics applications pass field trial. Carts-Powell, Yvonne // Lightwave;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the field trials for 980-nanometer diode-pumped lasers for erbium-doped fiber amplifiers (EDFA) in fiber optics communications applications. Main strength of long-wavelength diode-pumped lasers; Reduction in mirror damage; Proprietary coating for laser diodes.
- Optical matrix switches dynamically access network resources. Symons, Carl G.; Garrett, Kenneth J. // Lightwave;Feb96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p56
Discusses the advantages of optical matrix switching products in telecommunications. Switching element; Network configuration; Performance management; Physical network management. INSET: How optical matrix switches work..
- Premier products. // Lightwave;Jun96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p69
Presents various optical communication equipment and literature. Includes Telebyte Technology Inc.'s Model 372 100Base-T to fiber media converter; Exfo Electro-Optical Engineering's TK-MIL fiber-optic test kit; NEC Electronics Inc.'s NDL7620P1/P2 distributed-feedback laser diode; Methode...
- Testing system adds new functions, means of storing. Cliche, Ryan; McLaughlin, Patrick; Smith, Steve // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p4
Presents the communication product ITC-3402 Test-All IV 'Plus' developed by Independent Technologies Inc. Provision of time-domain reflectometer functions; Measurement of cable length; Detection of foreign voltages between any two wires.