- MAN OVERBOARD! Woodward, Chris // Sport Fishing;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36
The article evaluates two automatic identification system search and rescue transponder (AISSART) recently approved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) namely the Kannad Marine's SafeLink R10 and the Weatherdock's easyRESCUE.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p124
The article evaluates several fire fighting equipment such as the Pierce foam pumper, the SVI Trucks rescue truck and the Ferrara pumper.
- Devices for Trench Rescue Operations. Adler, Dave // Underground Focus: The Magazine of Below-Ground Damage Preventio;Apr2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p22
The article evaluates safety devices for rescue operations from Rescue Vac Systems including pneumatic tools, the Air Knife and pressure washers.
- Brooks-Range Emergency Sleds. Dostie, Craig // Avalanche Review;Feb2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
The article evaluates several emergency sleds from Brooks-Range Mountaineering Co., which include the Backcountry Rescue Sled, the Pro Rescue Sled, and the Ultralite Rescue Sled.
- RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p13
The article presents a comparison of rescue and extrication equipments for fire firefighting emergencies including the Petzl Rescue Harness from Forestry Suppliers Inc., Confined-Space Communication Kit from Pacific Rescue, and the Forcible Entry Tool from TNT Rescue Systems Inc., and offers...
- FIRE RESCUE INTERNATIONAL SHOWCASE. // Fire Chief;Aug2006, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p84
The article evaluates several products on fire rescue including the FH Mobile EMS of ACS Firehouse Solutions that provides emergency medical services personnel a tool for capturing real-time patient data while in the field, the Optimum and Focus light collections lamp of the Fire Research Corp.,...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Feb2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p118
The article evaluates several commercial products including the purchaser tanker by Pierce, custom pumper by KME Fire Apparatus, and the Ford Fas-Tak service rescue vehicle by the American LaFrance.
- CSEL project to Rockwell. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/8/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 15, p47
Reports that Rockwell has won a contract to develop a secure communication and location system for the US Air Force's Space and Missile Systems Center. Features of the Combat Survivor Evader Locator system; Use of the system for search and rescue of down pilots in combat situations.
- Lifesaving gear. // Yachting;Jul95, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p50
Presents various lifesaving equipment and supplies for rescue works in boating accidents. Includes a rescue platform to delay hypothermia; Automatic inflatable buoyancy aid packs; Inflatable life vest with harness.