Snowplow truck pulls another trailer-mounted plow
- Viking-Cives Web site clears path for brisk business. C. D. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/20/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p14
The article focuses on the company Viking-Cives Group. The company has been manufacturing and servicing snow plow equipment in Harrisville since 1962. The Viking-Cives web site features a photo gallery of its equipment in action at municipalities across the state, including one plow in service...
- Tow-behind plow. // Public Works;Apr2011, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p52
The article offers brief information on TowPlow steerable plow from Viking Cives.
- Untitled. Cousins, David // Farmers Weekly;11/8/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 44, p33
The article offers information on the Samasz PSV271 and PSV301 front-mounted snowplough.
- Give snow a push. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Nov2014, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p29
The article offers brief information on the SSP25 snow pusher from Land Pride.
- The Days the 'Ville Stood Still. Welch, Jack // Louisville Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p9
Due to bitter-cold temperatures in Louisville, Kentucky that would reach 22 degrees below zero the state-county-city snow-removal plan quickly became a fiasco. State plows, responsible for clearing city arteries like Shelbyville Road and Preston Highway as well as interstates, gave up on...
- Should You Hire a Plow Guy? // Consumer Reports;Jan2015, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p18
The article considers whether using a snow blower or hiring a snow plow is the more economic approach to removing snow from a driveway. Under specified assumptions the author says a snow blower will pay for itself within five years if its used five or more times annually. Payback times are noted...
- PRODUCTS. // Landscape Management;Aug2013, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p44
The article previews products for snow removal, including the Hydro Brush 36 from Ariens Co., the Little Bully dozer blades from Grasshopper Mower, and the Power Broom from Toro.
- 1:22.5 scale butterfly snow-plow kit. Olson, A. // Garden Railways;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p111
Evaluates the 1:22.5 scale butterfly snow-plow kit manufactured by Shortline Car & Foundry. Key features; Pros and cons; Cost.
- In a Flurry. Shambaugh, Ann Marie // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p50
The article presents information on snowfighter and snowfighting machines in Indianapolis, Indiana. Armored with a plow and stocked with salt, the Department of Public Works trucks await their drivers, who are ready to spring into action to rid the city of snow. The truck can hold 15 tons of...