Hydro Aluminum enhances Ohio plant
- E-p braked trains show longer wheel life. // Railway Age;Dec96, Vol. 197 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the advantages of electro-pneumatic braking systems, from a study carried out by TSM incorporated. Specifications of cars involved in the test; Comparision of e-p brakes with conventional pneumatic brakes.
- Lightweight brake drum runs cool to maximize life of brake linings. // Government Product News;May2008, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p8
The article evaluates Vortex, the lightweight brake drum used for maximizing the life of brake linings from Webb Wheel Products Inc.
- Keeping Tabs on TEDS. Smith, Steve // Diesel;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p64
The article focuses on the effectiveness of trailer electronic braking systems (TEBS) in optimizing braking options. It states that TEBS's computer monitors several factors including load, road speed, rate of deceleration and air pressure to optimize each brake application. It indicates that...
- Tires: The Only Things Keeping Your Car on the Road. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;3/31/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 12, pA8
The article reports on the importance of car tires. Tires transmit engine power, support vehicle's weight, provide steering control, cushion car from road shock, and can withstand tremendous forces to bring the car to a stop whenever we apply the brakes. Most tires today get exceptional mileage...
- Halting Brake Problems. Ogando, Joseph // Design News;1/7/2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p76
The article evaluates the product several brakes including spring-applied brake from INTORQ, Lenze-AC Tech's brake and ROBA-stop-silenzio brakes.
- Siemens Wedge Brake Shines in Winter Testing. Sutton, Mike // Ward's Auto World;May2007, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p18
The article evaluates the Electric Wedge Brake (EWB) system of Siemens VDO Automotive.
- Brake products. // Aftermarket Business;Apr2006, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p98
The article introduces the brake pads and brake discs from Laizhou Capco Machinery Co. Ltd. These products are semi-metallic brake pads and discs that passed according to the SAE-J661 and G3000 SAE-J431 standards and endorsed authoritatively by the QS 9000 and TS 16949.
- ADVANTAGES OF MAGNETIC LOADER OVER RAIL BRAKES ON MINE LOCOMOTIVE. Protsiv, V. V.; Novytskyi, O. V.; Samoilov, A. I. // Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University;2012, Issue 4, p79
Purpose. To simulate the process of braking of mine locomotive by AP10PB wheel shoe brakes together with magnetic brakes or loaders. Method. Composition of equalizations of Lagrange of the second degree, which after transformation into differential equalizations of the second degree have been...
- Characterization of Friction Material Formulations for Brake Pads. Solomon, Darius G.; Berhan, Mohamad N. // World Congress on Engineering 2007 (Volume 1);2007, p1358
New friction material formulations are compared with a commercial brake friction material used in Light Rail Transit (LRT) operating in Malaysia. Characterization techniques such as SEM, TGA, XRD, friction and wear tests are used to characterize the formulations as well as the commercial...