- New products. // Energy User News;Nov97, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p60
Provides information on the launch of CleanSource, a fully integrated flywheel energy storage system by Active Power company. Functions of the system; Features of the system.
- The Power of Compressed Air. Parson, Ellen // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan2006, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Austin, Texas-based Active Power has developed the CoolAir DC Thermal and compressed air energy storage system. The system has the capability to store energy in the form of compressed air and heat. The system can route the compressed air through a Thermal Storage Unit to...
- New Spin on Energy Storage May Reshape UPSs. Morrison, David // Power Electronics Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p8
Comments on U.S-based Active Power's energy-storage device capable of delivering 80-kiloWatt output for 15 minutes. Impact on the uninterruptible power supply; Capabilities and limitations.
- Ultra-clean back-up power for critical users. Siuru, Bill // Electronics Now;Aug99, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the use of a flywheel as an energy storage device in uninterruptible power supplies systems. Alternative to electrochemical batteries; Active Power Inc.'s line of CleanSource flywheel storage systems; Research by the Electric Power Research Institute in Palo Alto, California.
- ENERGY UNINTERRUPTED. Finley, Beck // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb2006, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p34
The article provides information on alternative technologies for energy storage to support uninterruptible power supply system in the U.S. Joe Pinkerton, chairman and CEO of Active Power Inc., has identified reliability and cost as the two biggest problem in obtaining alternative energy storage...
- Battery-Free Energy-Storage System. // Power Electronics Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p10
Reports on flywheel-based energy-storage devices manufacturer Active Power Inc.'s development and commercialization of a battery-free energy-storage system with extended runtime. Failure of specifying the exact mechanism by which the device ahieves long-term energy storage; Performance goals for...
- Focus on Power Source Equipment. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb2004, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p48
Features various power source equipment. Quint G2 power supplies from Phoenix Contact; CleanSource DC line of battery-free energy storage systems from Active Power; PowerCommand lean-burn natural gas generator sets from DTE Energy.
- Battery energy storage, not generator, for island. Klein, Jack // Energy User News;Jul98, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1
Presents information on the battery energy storage system (BESS) in Matlakatla, Alaska. Location of the system; Benefits of using the BESS; How the system operates.
- Advanced energy storage becomes key part of region's economy. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/17/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that advanced energy storage has become a key part of the West Michigan economy and has also been chosen as one of the periodical's Newsmaker Award Finalists for 2011.