- Now there's a choice. // Consumer Reports;Dec96, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p33
Compares the new Advanced Photo System (APS) cameras to the traditional 35mm cameras. Background information for APS; Film loading; Magnetic data encoding; Processing/filing; Film availability; Choice of print shapes; Picture quality; Processing quality; Recommendations; Ratings; Shopping...
- It's a snap. Johnson, Chuck // Runner's World;Jan94, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p69
Evaluates nine `point-and-shoot' cameras to give you great photos on the run or at running races. Leica Mini-II; Olympus Stylus; Nikon Lite-Touch; Fuji Discovery 1000; Ricoh Shotmaster Ultra Zoom Super; Canon Sure Shot Z115; Minolta Freedom Action Zoom; Konica WIDE28; Pentax Zoom 90 WR; Ease of...
- Point and shoot showdown. Schaub, G.; Tcherevkoff, M. // Popular Mechanics;Dec90, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p34
Presents a comparison test of five radical new cameras. Canon Photura; Fuji Discovery 2000; Minolta Freedom Zoom 105i; Olympus SuperZoom 330; Pentax Zoom 105 Super. INSET: Tests you can do..
- Which 35mm camera to buy? // Consumer Reports;Feb1988, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p112
Ratings of 35mm single-lens reflex (SLR) cameras and whether compacts are better for beginners. Rated according to price. Rated features are weight, lens quality, convenience, exposure consistency, shutter-speed range, film speed range, exposure modes, viewfinder, LCD, automatic loading and...
- Compact 35mm cameras. // Consumer Reports;Nov88, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p703
Rates a number of compact 35mm cameras, discussing convenience, automatic focusing, lens and viewpoint considerations, flash, and programmed exposures. What to expect for a given price; Scores on different features.
- Two disposable cameras: A wide one and a wet one. // Consumer Reports;May90, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p302
Examines two variations of disposable cameras. Kodak's `Stretch 35'; Kodak's waterproof `Weekend 35.' Strengths; Weaknesses; Cost; Description.
- 35mm SLR cameras. // Consumer Reports;Nov90, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p758
Presents the results of a test on 35mm SLR cameras and so-called bridge cameras with built-in zoom lenses. How they focus; Setting the exposure; Using flash. INSET: Costly compromises.;Don't overpay for a camera..
- Serious imaging: Astronomy reviews a top-of-the-line CCD. Berry, R. // Astronomy;May91, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p73
Offers a product review of the Star 1/A CCD camera, an electronic model that is perfect for amateur astronomy clubs and schools. Specifications; Features; Software; Operation; Performance. INSET: Star 1 CCD camera.;IPLab software..
- The volkscameras. // Consumer Reports;Dec92, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p758
No abstract available.