- CableLabs bows software tools for interactive content. // CED;Jul2009, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
The article reviews the tru2way Reference Implementation software from Cable Television Laboratories Inc. (CableLabs).
- Tru2way Heats Up. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 25, p43
The article reviews the Tru2way software specification from Cable Television Laboratories Inc. (CableLabs).
- CABLE 'BUILDS ITS OWN' SOLUTIONS. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p49
The article presents a comparison of cable software programs including OpenCable Application Platform from OpenCable, downloadable conditional access security (DCAS) from PolyCipher, and Residential Network Gateway (RNG) from Comcast.
- CableLabs is in the middle of it all. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p12
Reports on sixteen respondents to Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s offer to participate in the delivery of set-top boxes and integrated TV sets. Standard application interface for middleware enabling the operating systems for the devices to work with the cable operators' proprietary...
- CableLabs form new standard. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p16
Reports on interoperable digital cable systems specifications for North America agreed upon by CableLabs and its members. Transportation of digital video and data over cable networks; Requirements; Downstream digital modulation; Compatibility with Advanced Television Systems Committee standard...
- CableLabs moves on OCAP. // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the success of CableLabs' second Open Cable Application Platform in the U.S. in July 2002.
- Cable Set-top Box Makers Go Digital--Big Time. Paxton, Mike // Electronic News;11/27/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 48, p14
Provides information on the status of the digital set-top box (STB) market as of November 2000. Forecast on the worldwide digital STB unit shipment by 2004; Reason for the growth of the market; Services provided by digital STB to cable television subscribers; Details on the OpenCable initiative.
- Preliminary specs for advanced cable-TV standard released. L.G.; Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;06/08/98, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p27
Announces the release of the OpenCable specification developed under the guidance of Cable Laboratories Inc. and intended to allow competing cable-television companies in the United States to develop and offer interoperable products. Two sections comprising the document targeting digital...
- Tech notes. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p18
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting technology as of May 24, 1999. Includes Cable Television Laboratories' testing of digital set-top boxes.