Advantage: DOCSIS 3.0
- Gearing Up for the Gigabit Era. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 17, pA1
The article evaluates the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.1 from the CableLabs. INSET: DOCSIS 3.1 at a Glance.
- CableLabs is in the middle of it all. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p12
Reports on sixteen respondents to Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s offer to participate in the delivery of set-top boxes and integrated TV sets. Standard application interface for middleware enabling the operating systems for the devices to work with the cable operators' proprietary...
- CableLabs form new standard. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p16
Reports on interoperable digital cable systems specifications for North America agreed upon by CableLabs and its members. Transportation of digital video and data over cable networks; Requirements; Downstream digital modulation; Compatibility with Advanced Television Systems Committee standard...
- CableLabs moves on OCAP. // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the success of CableLabs' second Open Cable Application Platform in the U.S. in July 2002.
- Cable Set-top Box Makers Go Digital--Big Time. Paxton, Mike // Electronic News;11/27/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 48, p14
Provides information on the status of the digital set-top box (STB) market as of November 2000. Forecast on the worldwide digital STB unit shipment by 2004; Reason for the growth of the market; Services provided by digital STB to cable television subscribers; Details on the OpenCable initiative.
- Preliminary specs for advanced cable-TV standard released. L.G.; Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;06/08/98, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p27
Announces the release of the OpenCable specification developed under the guidance of Cable Laboratories Inc. and intended to allow competing cable-television companies in the United States to develop and offer interoperable products. Two sections comprising the document targeting digital...
- Tech notes. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p18
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting technology as of May 24, 1999. Includes Cable Television Laboratories' testing of digital set-top boxes.
- 12 More Get DOCSIS 1.1 Nods. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p34
Focuses on the certification released by Cable Television Laboratories for cable operators that met its DOCSIS 1.1 standards in 2002.
- Cable. broadcast make HDTV recommendations. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;5/17/93, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p57
Reports on cable and broadcast companies' recommendations for a possible combined system in high definition television (HDTV). CableLabs request to HDTV companies to use the multi-level vestigial sideband transmission and interlaced scanning; National Cable Television Association's endorsement...