- Gemstar posts $1.3 bil loss in Q4. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/1/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 52, p4
In certified earnings release of the company Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. since it underwent a massive management overhaul in 2002, the Pasadena, California-based company posted in Aril 2003 a widened fourth-quarter loss because of a significant decrease in assets. The company took steps...
- Gemstar will restate revs. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/24/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to restate its financial revenues for the past three fiscal years in the U.S. Cash impact of the restatements; Effects of the initiative on the licensing fees and advertising sales of the company; Views of financial analysts on the...
- Mapping Path to the Unified Unknown. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p36
Presents news briefs related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to provide navigation tools for interactive program guides; Envison of Stern Telecommunications Corp. of New York that its patents when licensed can be...
- IPG Platform Gains Major Advertisers. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Southeast Edition;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the advertisers that are venturing in the interactive program guide of Gemstar-TV Guide, an Internet company based in New York. Clients of the company; Audio-visual products and services offered; Forecasts on the profits of the company.
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Presents news related to electronic media as of December 2, 2002. Acadia certification received by on-demand guide for the Motorola DCT2000 digital set-top platform of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc.; Partnership between GlobeCast News, Reuters Support Services and Reuters News to provide...
- Gemstar Bitten By Accounting Bug. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p30
Reports on accounting error committed by Gemstar-TV Guide International in its 2001 earnings results relased in March 2002. Accounting techniques employed by Gemstar; Performance of the stocks of the company; Views of analysts on the issue.
- Gemstar doubles first qtr. profit. // Daily Variety;08/16/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 52, p16
Reports the increase in the profit of Gemstar-TV Guide Intl. for the fiscal first quarter of year 2000 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.
- Gemstar restates revs as stock takes a slide. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/11/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the restatement of Gemstar TV Guide's revenue in Pasadena, California. Adjustments made by the company's auditor; Percentage of decline in sales of TV Guide magazine; Amount cut from previous revenue figures.
- Gemstar TV Guide works to get books in order. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/1/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 62, p13
Reports on the financial performance of Gemstar TV Guide International for its full year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2002. 2002 net loss; U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation into its accounting practices; Revenues; Goodwill writedown.