- Cool Tools: Quick takes on high-tech toys. Shaw, Keith // Network World;2/26/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p24
The article reviews the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software from Nuance Software and the Digital Pocket Memo from Philips.
- Staffcash Goes Live. // Management Services;Aug1987, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p41
The article presents news related to the installation of automatic teller machine (ATM), the staffcash system to go live at a Great Britain-based pharmaceutical company Pfizer Ltd. as of August 1987. Staffcash is a cash-dispensing system which the company has installed at their 1500 employee...
- Fidelis XPS. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Jan/Feb2010, p49
The article evaluates the Fidelis XPS data protection device from Fidelis Security Systems.
- Firms gear up to standard RFID devices. // Electronics Weekly;4/13/2005, Issue 2189, p22
The article reports that Texas Instruments Inc. and Philips Electronics are bidding to be the first RFID chip supplier to the proposed royalty-free air interface standard known as EPCglobal. Texas Instruments will also have working samples of EPC UHF G2 radio frequency identification (RFID)...
- Access Management from Philips. // Management Services;Dec1988, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p30
Access management is what used to be called building security. It differs from its earlier relation in that it can be used as a general administrative tool as well as a security aid. Philips & Co. has launched a number of modules in an access management system. Philips, working closely with...
- BOYS' TOYS. Mountney, Jason // Ralph;Sep2006, p178
The article evaluates several products including the Samsung Z510 phone, the GSM car alarm system and the Philips 7FF1AW photo display unit.
- All Right on the 'Night' Plagens, Peter // Newsweek;12/15/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the challenges faced by Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum in transporting Rembrandt's 375-pound painting "The Night Watch" to its new Philips Wing. Details of the security measures that will be used, including a sensor-studded, high-tech security blanket, 475 pounds of thermal insulation and a...
- Solution Isn't on the Fence; It's for the Fence. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p112
The article reports on the installation of the PowerFence system, from Gallagher Security Management Systems, at Royal Electric Co. corporate headquarters in Sacramento, California. The system was installed to protect the equipment, vehicles and other assets of the company in the area. It is...
- KASPERSKY LAB INTERNET SECURITY 2009. // CRN;10/13/2008, Issue 1275, p22
The article evaluates the Internet Security 2009 computer security software from Kaspersky Labs.