Automating surfacing and finishing
- Automated Blackening. // Products Finishing;Oct2008, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p60
The article evaluates the automated Tru Temp finishing system from Birchwood Casey.
- Products. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p79
The article evaluates several metal finishing machines including LUMICLAD black oxide process from Birchwood Casey, PRIMELINE Press Brakes with S-Series CNC Servo Hydraulic Press Brake from Comeq Inc. and Ultra 3 station and 8 station Multi Tools for turret punch presses from Mate Precision Tooling
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Products Finishing;Mar2007, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p82
The article evaluates several finishing materials and equipment, including AGI-SONIC series part washers from Ransohoff Inc., Antique Brown M38 finishes from Birchwood Laboratories Inc., and TYTAN water heater from Process Technology Inc.
- Up Close and Personal with Expert Optics. WALKER, CHRISTIE // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 43 Issue 20E, p24
An interview with Greg Ruden, the owner of optical laboratory and wholesale company Expert Optics Inc is presented. Topics mentioned include the uniqueness of the Expert Optics laboratory in the optical laboratory world, the advantage of staying as an independent laboratory over...
- Steel-Finishing Gels. // New Equipment Digest;Dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p25
This article presents information on Steel-Finishing Antiquing Gels offered by the company Birchwood Casey. These gels offer an easy solution for blackening or browning large, installed steel and other metal pieces such as railings and wall panels. The thick consistency prevents drips and runs....
- Ultrasonic, Percussive Drill. // Spinoff;2015, p213
The article evaluates an ultrasonic drill from the U.S. National Aeronautics & Space Administration's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Finishes products. // Architectural Record;Dec1993, Vol. 181 Issue 12, p83
Presents information about products for finishes in building. Non-toxic wall finish; Decocoat X high-traffic coating; Classroom wall; Embossed wallcoverings; Security wall panel; Vinyl-composition tiles; More.
- Industry working toward a cleaner finish. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep95, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p121
Presents a round-up of finishing materials for woodworking which complies with air quality regulation in the United States. Development of water-based finishes; Includes Abilene Research and Development Corp.'s Texturelac; Amity's water-based clear finishes; M.L. Campbell's HAPs-free solvent...
- To skin a cat. Marcus, Steve // Products Finishing;July96, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p28
Presents information on the variety of shapes that are available in media which are used for mass finishing. Availability of each shape in a choice of sizes and composition; Impact of media lodging in parts; Information on some of the shapes that are available.