Diamond multimedia's Rio PMP300 MP3 player
- Portable MP3 player revamp. // Poptronics;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p37
Features Diamond Multimedia Systems Inc.'s Diamond Multimedia Rio 500 MP3 player. Enhancements; Key specifications; Functions; Contact information.
- Music From Rio. VIZARD, FRANK; Kantra Kirschner, Suzanne // Popular Science;Mar99, Vol. 254 Issue 3, p39
Presents information on the Rio MPM 300 MP3 audio player from Diamond Multimedia. Advantages and disadvantages; How to get the complete benefits of its sound quality.
- Rio PMP300 Portable Music Player. // Cycle World;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p89
Deals with the Rio PMP300 Portable Music Player from Diamond Multimedia for motorcyclists. Description of the music player; Advantages of the music player.
- Keep Those Cards and Letters Coming. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the issues surrounding RIO PMP300, a compact disc player for compression decoding of songs. Lawsuit filed against Diamond Multimedia preventing the marketing of RIO; Partnership between Diamond Multimedia and Liquid Audio; Incorporation of support for the Liquid Audio format into the...
- Taking it With You. // Macworld;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p91
Evaluates the Rio 500 of Diamond Multimedia and MPlayer 3 developed by Pontis Electronics for playing MP3 files. Capabilities of the player in handling memory; Software featured in the player; Tips in purchasing the player.
- Diamond's Rio To Upgrade MP3 Storage, Security. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;07/03/99, Vol. 111 Issue 27, p6
Informs that the next generation of Diamond Multimedia's MP3 player, the Rio, promises to double the unit's music-storage capacity and possibly mitigate music-industry concerns about piracy. Acquisition of Diamond by S3 Inc.; Introduction of the Rio 500 MP3 player in August 1999; Features of...
- Portable Players Due. Gillen, Marilyn A. // Billboard;07/10/99, Vol. 111 Issue 28, p90
Looks at the competition that Diamond Multimedia is receiving in the portable MP3 player market. Diamond Multimedia's Rio Player 300; How music retailers are accessing the potential of new portables; Competition from Thomson, Samsung, and Creative Labs; Estimation of approximately one million...
- RIAA loses bid for injunction to stop sale of Diamond Multimedia RIO MP3 Player; appeal pending. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Reports the suit filed by the Recording Industry Association of America against Diamond Multimedia regarding Rio, a portable MP3 player of the company in the United States. Violation of the Audio Home Recording Act; Infringement of the rights of artists by trafficking in unlicensed music...
- RIAA Files Suit Over MP3 Player. Reece, Doug // Billboard;10/24/98, Vol. 110 Issue 43, p8
Reports that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed suit against Diamond Multimedia with the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Case over Diamond Multimedia's Rio MP3 player; Disagreements over the MP3 format which is used to digitally...