New Borns Protected Against Kidnapping, Mix-Ups
- First Hugs systems installed in Portugal. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Apr2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the installation of VeriChip's first three Hugs infant protection systems in Portugal.
- Implantable MEMS and Big Brother--Resistance is Futile? // Microwave Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p41
Focuses on the microchip created by the applied digital solutions manufacturer VeriChip. Uses of the microchip; Views on the technology; Issues regarding the sensor chip.
- VERICHIP. // 24x7;Jun2007, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p54
The article evaluates the Assetrac radio frequency identification (RFID) system from VeriChip Corp.
- Ball-shaped home security camera set to roll out. Dawood, Sarah // Design Week (Online Edition);12/8/2015, p1
The article offers a preview of the SensorSphere ball-shaped home security camera.
- One-stop security. Huff, Aaron // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p26
The article features the M5K security system from Magtec.
- Ratings: Do-it-yourself home security systems. // Consumer Reports;1995 Special Issue Buyers Guide, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p174
Presents an overview of do-it-yourself home security systems in the market. Recommended brands; Expectations from typical do-it-yourself system; Evaluation of five wireless and a wired system according to versatility and convenience; Operational characteristics of ranked models.
- VeriChip Buys Monitoring Tech Vendor. // Health Data Management;Sep2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the acquisition of Instantel Inc. by VeriChip Corp. in the U.S. in 2005. Value of the acquisition; Revenue reported by Instantel in 2004; Products offered by Instantel; Personnel changes at VeriChip.
- VeriChip controversy: bioconservatism or valid med-tech fear? // Biomedical Business & Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p23
The article focuses on the VeriChip controversy. According to James Hughes, executive director of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies, the anxiety and resistance against the uptake of new technologies is called bioconservatism. He cites the incident wherein four animals implanted...
- VeriChip to launch new marketing campaign. // Medical Device Daily;4/29/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 83, p5
The article reports on the launch of a direct-to-consumer (DTC) marketing campaign by VeriChip in South Florida on April 28, 2008. The campaign includes the rename of the company's patient identification system Health Link and the creation of the web site, www.healthlinkinfo.com. In other news,...